Position: Mammographer (Women’s Imaging)
Location: El Paso, TX
Company: Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso
Specialty: Radiology; Breast/Women’s Imaging
Rate: Competitive Salary; Generous Benefits Package; Relocation Assistance
Mammographer (Women’s Imaging) Description
The Paul L. Foster School of Medicine (PLFSOM) at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso (TTUHSC EL PASO) is seeking a fellowship-trained breast/women’s imager to serve as a Mammographer in the Department of Radiology. The new faculty will be at the instructor level or higher with direct reporting to the Department Chair of Radiology. The Mammographer will develop a vision for excellence in teaching, research, and delivery of clinical services for the department.
The Department of Radiology:
TTUHSC El Paso is experiencing vibrant growth. The Department of Radiology’s subspecialties include Abdominal Imaging, Angiography and Interventional Radiology, , Diagnostic Ultrasound, Emergency Radiology, Musculoskeletal Radiology, Neuroradiology, Nuclear Radiology, and Thoracic Radiology. Technical modalities of CT, MRI, and Ultrasound are incorporated into many of the subspecialty sections. Currently, the residency program has 11 residents and one women’s imaging fellow.
The new Mammographer will have the opportunity to continue the growth and expansion of the clinical and educational services, as well as to provide greater depth to the clinical research program. El Paso consistently ranks as one of the safest, fastest growing, and best places to live in the U.S. This is an excellent leadership opportunity for someone who desires to build and develop an already clinically excellent department into a well-rounded academic department within a young and expanding medical school.
Your Mission as the Mammographer:
Performs a combination of the following duties:
- Provides clinical services and teaching of diagnostic radiology and Breast and Women’s Imaging
- Mentors and instructs residents, fellows, and medical students in research projects as assigned. Initiates or participates in scholarly activities
- Lectures, holds conferences, and participates in related meetings and school functions
- Adheres to institutional and departmental policies and procedures
- Demonstrates professionalism in accordance with the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine’s Declaration of Faculty Professional Responsibilities
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA and billing regulations
Salary and academic rank for this position will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and academic background.
- MD / DO degree or equivalent
- Texas medical license or eligibility for Texas medical license
- Completion of an ACGME-accredited residency program in diagnostic radiology or equivalent
- Competent in all imaging modalities utilized in breast imaging including digital mammography, breast tomosynthesis, magnetic resonance imaging, and image guided breast procedures
- Education, training, and experience required by the Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA) for physicians interpreting breast imaging
- Board certified in Diagnostic Radiology by the American Board of Radiology
- Completion of 1-year fellowship training in Breast Imaging/Women’s Imaging
- Regional or emerging, national reputation (only for candidates seeking the rank of associate professor or professor)
Discover El Paso, TX
Ranked as one of the safest cities in America, El Paso is located at the western tip of Texas, where Texas, New Mexico and Old Mexico meet. It is the largest international metroplex in the world and seamlessly blends cultures and traditions: from the historic Old West to the colors of Mexico, from the heritage of Native Americans to the beauty of the desert sun.
El Paso’s 300-plus days of sunshine, cultural attractions and recreational opportunities combine the best of the Southwest, the Old West and Old Mexico. Though steeped in history, the city has a cosmopolitan flair and a majority of residents are bilingual in English and Spanish.
Downtown continues to undergo redevelopment, including the addition of Southwest University Park, home to the Triple-A baseball team the El Paso Chihuahuas. The presence of Fort Bliss, Texas Tech Health Sciences Center and the University of Texas at El Paso are major drivers of the economy, and more than 70 Fortune 500 companies make the region the fourth-largest manufacturing center on the continent.
For confidential consideration, those interested contact Eric Dickerson at KBIC at email@example.com, (972)265-5245.
Kaye/Bassman has been retained to provide executive search services for TTUHSCEP. As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.