Position: Founding Program Director for Physician Assistant Studies
Location: San Marcos, CA
Company: University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences
Specialty: Physician Assistant; Physician Assistant Studies; Clinical Leadership
Rate: Competitive Salary; Generous Benefits Package; Relocation Assistance
Founding Program Director for Physician Assistant Studies Description
At the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USAHS), we are committed to the development of professional health care practitioners through innovative, individualized, and quality classroom, clinical, and distance education. Founded in 1979, the institution has a far-reaching presence through distance/online education and campuses located in San Marcos, California; St. Augustine, Florida; Austin, Texas; Dallas, Texas; and Miami, Florida.
As a Founding Program Director for Physician Assistant Studies, you help to create the energy and excitement about our new program. “Clinical Excellence” is our sacred mantra and every day is an opportunity for you to live the mission of developing professional health care practitioners through innovative, individualized, and quality teaching methods. Together with the support of fellow clinical experts, USAHS is dedicated to delivering a top-notch education to our students.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Dean of the College of Health Sciences, the Program Director will assist in planning, development, and implementation of the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies program. In collaboration with the Dean and faculty, the Program Director assures delivery of the curriculum in a manner that meets program goals, learning outcomes, consistency, and institutional expectations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Primary responsibility and accountability for Physician Assistant program organization, administration, fiscal management/budget, on-going review and analysis, planning, curriculum development and accreditation requirements.
- Works with the accreditation team and leads programmatic accreditation to assure all standards are met and reports are appropriately filed.
- Works closely with the Dean and other Program Directors and/or faculty on revisions of program policies, admissions, academic progress, and graduation competencies.
- Directly accountable for the strategic plan initiatives concerning the program, as well integrating with other departments and programs to resolve student and faculty issues and promote assessment of educational effectiveness.
- Serves as an important conduit connecting the program with other University departments, communicating information and contributing to the growth and improvement of the institution.
- Working in collaboration with other departments, the Program Director will assist in the planning and implementation of associated clinical education resources, per accreditation standards.
- Responsible for performing all duties and responsibilities aligned with the ARC-PA standard A2.06-A2.10 and will be assessed on an annual basis according to these guidelines.
- The successful candidate must possess a Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies or a related field; candidates with a Doctorate are highly preferred.
- Experience teaching in the field of Physician Assistant education.
- Demonstrated experience as a chairperson or program director of an ARC-PA accredited program in Physician Assistant Studies preferred.
- Current clinical certification as a Physician Assistant.
- Must be licensure eligible in California, and other states as needed.
Considering Relocation? Discover the San Marcos City Guide
Take advantage of year-round moderate climate and access to a range of west coast adventures. Our San Marcos, CA campus is centrally located in North County, with easy access to San Diego and Orange County. Whether you’re interested in a change of scenery at the beach or on the mountains, you’ll only be an hour away.
At the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences San Marcos, CA campus, you will engage in hands-on, innovative learning practice in a central California setting. If you’re ready to join a dynamic team of experienced professionals collaborating on a coast-to-coast and international level, your journey starts with USAHS.
Kaye/Bassman has been retained to provide executive search services for the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences. The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.