During interview 101 you are told by almost any experienced professional to send a thank you note after each interview. Despite hearing this tip over and over again, people still ignore this crucial step in the hiring process. “But what are the rules of the post-interview thank you note, and what should you include when following up with a hiring manager or recruiter?” asks Sarah White.
Follow these steps towards crafting a thank you note that may just end up landing you your next career move:
- Wait until after the interview
- Send the note within a 24-hour window
- A thank you note for everyone
- Proofread the note
- Highlight parts of the interview
- Thank them for their time