Position: ADN Program Director/Assistant Professor
Location: Espanola, NM
Company: Northern New Mexico College
Specialty: Nursing – ADN
Rate: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
ADN Program Director/Assistant Professor Job Description
Lead the ADN Program of continually evolving college with a diverse faculty and student base. Focus on making a difference in student’s lives by providing practical, student oriented, nursing education with the aim of better serving the community and academic success. Support and lead a program that takes students from textbook, to clinicals, and the beginning of their journey as a Nurse that will continue to grow and develop just as the nursing field grows and develops.
Founded in 1909 under the New Mexico Constitution, Northern New Mexico College has a strong foundation within the community. Since its inception as a small technical school it has grown into a full state college, offering both 2-year and 4-year degrees.
Centrally located between Taos and Santa Fe, it has campuses in El Rito and Espanola, New Mexico. The student body averages 1,000 predominantly Hispanic, Native American, and Caucasian students, effectively mirroring the diverse community that it serves. In fact, they are highly focused on community service and incorporate it heavily into the College’s mission and vision.
They are accredited by the Higher learning Commission of the North Central Association of colleges and schools.
Espanola is truly a cultural melting pot with some citizens able to trace their local roots back 14 generations to when the city was founded by the Spanish. A small town of around 10,000 people, Espanola is nestled in the mountains just 30 miles outside of Santa Fe.
Join a community based around education. The education sector is the second largest area of employment for the residents behind employment at the Las Alamos National Laboratory, one of the primary research locations where the Manhattan Project was worked on.
With the Rio Grande running right through and with national forests on three sides, Espanola offers more than enough adventure for the outdoorsman. And, despite it’s small size, Espanola provides all the amenities any city goer would require including a hospital, Walmart, and a large variety of dining options.
Your Mission as Program Director:
Strive to exceed the duties of an administrator and provide a framework that will effectively take students from textbook, to practice, to clinical success. The ADN Program Director serves as a role model to faculty and students in both their academic and professional lives.
- Visionary program leadership and guidance including creation of the program’s vision, mission, and purpose.
- Encompass a student centered focus
- Display and encourage a personal culture of continuous learning and growth
- Foster innovation
- Provide structure, development and implementation of a systematic plan for program evaluation according to ACEN (Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing) standards and criteria
- Develop an ongoing process of self-study documents and site evaluation
- Design and guide curriculum editing and updating
- Accurate and timely accreditation reporting
How Do You Match?:
To maintain accreditation status, with both the State Board of Nursing and ACEN, Northern New Mexico College’s ADN Program Director must possess at least a Master of Science in Nursing and an active license for New Mexico as Registered Nurse. If the license is not with New Mexico, it may be compact or have the ability to transfer/obtain NM licensure.
- Leadership experience in the nursing profession.
- A proven history of teaching experience at the ADN level.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Personable and courteous attitude in working relationships with colleagues, students, and the public.
- The ability to work with a wide range of individuals (students, staff, faculty, public) from diverse backgrounds.
- The ability to effectively provide a classroom atmosphere that is conducive to learning and able to address and utilize multiple learning styles.
- A clinical competence that can provide mentoring and teaching from experience.
- Good computer software skills – Microsoft Office, email and electronic calendar.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
How to Become the Program Director? Start Here:
Submit a complete applicant packet:
- A cover letter addressing how the candidate’s experiences match the position requirements,
- Curriculum vitae,
- Unofficial graduate transcripts,
- Names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of three professional references
Dr. Richard Jordan, D.Min., M.Div., SHRM-CP
Executive Search Consultant
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.