Positions: Academic Radiology Faculty Positions (Open Rank)
Location: Destination City on the Gulf Coast: Mobile, AL
Company: University of South Alabama College of Medicine; Department of Radiology
Specialty: Radiology; Diagnostic Radiology; Body Imaging; Breast / Women’s Imaging; Neuroradiology
Rate: Competitive Salary; Generous Benefits Package; Relocation Assistance
Academic Radiology Faculty Opportunity Descriptions
USA Health is Transforming Medicine™ along the Gulf Coast to care for the unique needs of the region’s diverse population. USA Health is changing how medical care, education, and research impact the health of people who live in Mobile and the surrounding area. Beginning with the founding of the USA College of Medicine in 1973, USA Health stands as the only academic health system along the upper Gulf Coast. Our team of physicians, advanced care providers, nurses, therapists, and researchers provide the region’s most advanced medicine at multiple facilities, campuses, clinics, and classrooms. USA Health is particularly interested in individuals with a commitment to inclusive excellence and a history of promoting diversity in their research, teaching, and service. We strongly encourage candidates to apply who can strengthen our culture of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI).
The Department of Radiology at the University of South Alabama (USA) College of Medicine is currently recruiting for subspecialty readers and division leaders and is seeking full-time Radiologists/Educators with subspecialty experience to join our growing department. The open rank positions, both in leadership and faculty attending roles, are for fellowship-trained Radiologists who bring a general and diverse skill set to our dynamic practice. Subspecialties include:
- Body/ Abdominal Imaging
- Breast/ Women’s Imaging
- Residency Program Director preferably with fellowship experience in Body or Breast Imaging
- Candidates who have a willingness and experience in other specialty areas (i.e. Neuroradiology, Emergency Radiology, Breast Imaging, etc.) would be beneficial.
The Department of Radiology is recognized as a progressive and forward-thinking team that continues to expand with a dynamic USA Health University Hospital, USA Health Children’s & Women’s Hospital, USA Health Mitchell Cancer Institute, and USA Health Physicians Group clinics, including the new Strada Patient Care Center. The two hospitals are licensed for 600 beds combined and includes a Level I trauma center.
Fundamental to the position are the ability to deliver outstanding collaborative patient care, advance the research mission of the department, and cultivate a learning environment for the delivery of innovative graduate and undergraduate medical education. USA Health has been recognized for its innovative work‐life programs, offering faculty a reasonable cost of living and an exceptional quality of life in this destination city on the Gulf Coast: Mobile, AL.
Responsibilities will include interpretation of diagnostic images, performance of interventional procedures on referred patients, collaboration with referring physicians for high quality patient centered care, teaching residents and students in the clinical setting, as well as collaboration with visiting professors. Scholarly work opportunities will be encouraged and supported. This Academic appointment will be with University of South Alabama College of Medicine, Department of Radiology at the rank of Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor.
The open rank radiology faculty positions will be full time with primary effort to support clinical services and time allowed for academic, scholarly, and administrative efforts. A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package will be offered.
USA RADIOLOGY HIGHLIGHTS:
- USA Radiology: Performs cutting-edge studies in all modalities of diagnostic and interventional imaging. An extensive teleradiology network has been established. Procedures range from conventional imaging to MRI and nuclear medicine. Opportunities to advance your career through education and training.
- The first healthcare provider in Alabama certified to provide Nuchal Translucency screening services.
- Growing health system – Inpatient and Outpatient services.
- Tremendous growth and significant investment in facilities and advanced technology.
- Academic Leadership Opportunities: Program Director position opportunities in Breast or Body Imaging.
- Live in a Destination City on the Gulf Coast (of Mexico)! Low Cost of Living/ quality of life – temperate climate, a vibrant downtown, cultural and outdoor activities with proximity to rivers and sugar-white sand beaches.
- Leadership Positions in Research: Opportunities to start a research program in a close-knit environment.
- Education and Research: A comprehensive biomedical research program spans a wide range of clinical, basic, and translational research. An ACGME-accredited Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program with 20 residents currently in training.
- Clinical Trials: As the leading provider of innovative healthcare for Mobile and the Gulf Coast, USA Health offers patients new, promising experimental therapies through ongoing clinical trials.
- USA College of Medicine is a member of the prestigious Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC).
- USA is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- A 300-year-old coastal city, steeped in history and architecture to match. A vibrant metro area buzzing with economic growth and opportunity. Eclectic music, local dining, shopping, nightlife, Mobile is a fusion of economic development, innovation, and old world charm.
- Mobile is the oldest city in Alabama and is considered the “Gateway to the Gulf.”
- City proximity to the Gulf of Mexico and Mobile Bay are claims to fame by having the 13th busiest port in the country and America’s Amazon conveniently located in our backyard.
- The city of Mobile is the 4th Most Populated City in the state of Alabama.
- Year-round weather in Mobile averages 220 days of sunshine.
- Ranked 2 Most Diverse Place to Live by Niche.com.
- Voted 10 Best Place to Raise a Family.
Compensation + Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. In addition, the USA provides a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees. It includes medical, dental, life insurance, and disability insurance coverage, along with retirement plan options, flexible spending accounts, and tuition scholarships. In addition, USA has generous provisions for family and medical leave, personal leave, and other types of paid and unpaid leave.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
USA is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status. USA is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. USA is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The University actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans and persons with disabilities. USA seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning. The Radiology Department is particularly interested in individuals with a history of promoting diversity in their research, teaching, and service.
USA has retained Kaye/Bassman to provide executive search services for the Department of Radiology in Mobile, AL.