Position: Division Chief of General Pediatrics (Associate/Full Professor)
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Company: University of Florida College of Medicine – Jacksonville
Specialty: Pediatrics; General Pediatrics
Salary + Benefits: Competitive Salary; Generous Benefits Package; Relocation Assistance
General Pediatrics Division Chief Description
The University of Florida College of Medicine (UFCOM) – Jacksonville, a leading academic health center, invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure clinical track Division Chief of General Pediatrics in the rank of an Associate Professor/Professor faculty position in the Department of Pediatrics, Division of General Pediatrics. This position will report to the Chairman of the Department of Pediatrics at UFCOM – Jacksonville and will lead the overall division.
As Division Chief, this faculty member will manage the direct clinical care, supervise day-to-day operations, and grow the patient base of the various clinics around the city. The successful candidate must have practice experience and the ability to expand a pediatric practice in an area with excellent demographics and a growing population that is currently underserved by pediatricians. Assistant/Associate Professors focusing on a leadership role can be mentored into this position and are encouraged to apply.
The physicians and allied health professionals in the Department of Pediatrics are concerned with all children, from newborn to age 18 and are involved in all phases of pediatric clinical care and research, including primary care and subspecialties. Further, the new Division Chief will join an academic health center that is a hub for clinical research, a leader in the education of health professionals and a unique provider of high-quality patient care to the region and beyond.
In addition, the candidate must have the credentials that enable credible pursuit of additional external funding to build new clinical and research programs.
The Division of General Pediatrics Overview:
For the infant, toddler and school-aged child, the Division of General Pediatrics offers a spectrum of pediatric primary care services, including well-baby checkups, immunizations, school physical examinations, management and care for allergies, asthma and childhood dermatological or skin conditions, and routine primary care for common childhood ailments. The Division provides professional services primarily through Wolfson Children’s Hospital where the catchment population for the hospital exceeds 1.5 million people.
Jacksonville is a vibrant young and growing community. This is a unique opportunity to lead a division with support from UFCOM-Jacksonville, Wolfson Children’s Hospital (parent company Baptist Health), and the more than 50 pediatric subspecialty faculties at Nemours Children’s Clinic in Jacksonville.
Your Mission as the General Pediatrics Division Chief:
As Chief of the General Pediatrics Division, s/he will be responsible for coordinating and enhancing all clinical and academic activities of the pediatric program on the Jacksonville campus with close cooperation and collaboration with Wolfson Children’s Hospital and other clinical partners (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and Nemours Children’s Clinic).
The incumbent will be expected to perform a combination of the following duties:
- Manage the clinical Division of General Pediatrics that provides care to the children served in the clinics and UF Health Jacksonville North Campus.
- Providing direct care to children, directing day-to-day operations, and growing the patient base.
- Participation on committees to represent the Department of Pediatrics and the Division of General Academic Pediatrics, as required.
- Attendance at Department faculty meetings and Divisional conferences, as required.
- Educate residents, medical students, and fellows as assigned.
- Pursue external funding support to build new clinical services and research programs.
- Maintain the practice as Patient Centered Medical Home practice with the NCQA.
- The University of Florida is committed to expanding pediatric primary care and to enhancing current pediatric programs.
- Participate on committees to represent the Department of Pediatrics and the Division of General Pediatrics, as requested by the Chairman.
- Attend Department faculty meetings and Divisional conferences, as required.
Professional Qualifications – How Do You Qualify?
- M.D., D.O., or M.D./Ph.D. degree(s).
- Board certification or eligibility in field of Pediatrics with Board certification in Pediatrics.
- Graduate of approved training programs in Pediatrics.
- Active and unrestricted Florida Medical License or eligibility for Florida Medical Licensure.
- Qualified to hold a faculty appointment in the Department of Pediatrics and an appointment to the Medical Staff of Wolfson Children’s and UF Health.
- Rank and academic track will be commensurate with candidate training, qualifications, and experience.
Discover Jacksonville, FL
Located on Florida’s First Coast, Jacksonville is one of the largest cities in land area in the United States. The city provides an eclectic combination of southern hospitality, business, and recreational paradise. More than 1 million people live in the five-county area known as Florida’s First Coast. The area offers something for everyone, with a temperate climate incorporating seasonal changes, miles of beautiful waterways and beaches, and a myriad of public facilities for work and play. Located in the northeastern part of the state on the Atlantic Ocean, Jacksonville’s weather is sunny and pleasant. We enjoy an average of 320 days of sunshine each year yet have the coolest summers in the state.
For confidential consideration, along with additional details about this opportunity, those interested must contact:
Executive Search Consultant
Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
Phone: (972)265-5306 – Direct
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The University of Florida offers an excellent benefits package including generous paid time off, retirement benefits, etc. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
University of Florida – Jacksonville has partnered with Kaye/Bassman to provide executive search services for UF Health. The University of Florida is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UF Health nondiscrimination policy.