Position: Academic Chief of Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Status: Full-time, Employed, Salaried Position
Company: University of Toledo College of Medicine & Life Sciences; ProMedica Health System
Specialty: Obstetrics and Gynecology; Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Salary + Benefits: Competitive Pay; Comprehensive Benefits Package & Retirement Options; Relocation Assistance
Academic Chief, Maternal-Fetal Medicine Opportunity
The Department of OB-GYN at the University of Toledo (UToledo) College of Medicine & Life Sciences and in conjunction with its academic affiliate, ProMedica Health System—one of the region’s largest healthcare systems—is seeking a fellowship trained Maternal-Fetal Medicine (MFM) Physician to lead a vital program recognized for its excellence in specialized care, compassion, and high patient volume (averaging over 4,000 births in 2020). The Academic Chief of Maternal-Fetal Medicine will be a new addition to the world-class training, research, and education programs within the department. The current practice at ProMedica Toledo Hospital includes 2 Physicians, 2 Genetic Counselors, a pharmacist, a diabetic counselor, a dietician, a Nurse Practitioner, and strong OB Hospitalist support. This position provides major support for UToledo’s strategy to become the regional market leader in state-of-the-art and innovative MFM services in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan.
The Maternal-Fetal Medicine Division offers comprehensive range of personalized, high-risk obstetrical care and works closely with referring obstetrical care providers in a multidisciplinary approach that caters specifically to high-risk pregnancies. With the growing population, we are looking for an experienced leader to help expand our practice to better serve the needs of our patient population.
- Join one of the Best Medical Schools in the Nation and second largest employer in northwest Ohio, offering diverse opportunities for professional growth and personal career satisfaction.
- Collaborative Consultative Practice with excellent clinical support team.
- No in-house call.
- Share call coverage.
- 24-hour academic OB hospitalist program.
- Oversee a highly reputed university-based program in collaboration with the active community-based clinical learning environment at ProMedica Toledo Hospital.
- Benefit from a longstanding academic partnership with ProMedica offering significant educational and research opportunities.
- Fully accredited OBGYN residency program (approved for expansion to a total of 20 residents/year). Many students rank Toledo as their top choice — a testament to our medical school and our city.
- Fully integrated health system affiliation with the region’s only children’s hospital accredited by the Joint Commission and Level III regional perinatal unit.
- Multidisciplinary care for Maternal and Fetal Care at both UToledo Medical Center and ProMedica Toledo Hospital.
- Serving 13 hospitals throughout NW Ohio and SE Michigan.
- Work on one of the most technologically advanced campuses in the U.S. — UToledo’s Health Science Campus is home to the renowned Lloyd A. Jacobs Interprofessional Immersive Simulation Center — “a game changer” in medical education.
- Experience a highly clinical and collaborative work environment; Healthy work-life balance…all on vibrant campuses surrounded by green space.
- Research, education, and patient care are the hallmarks of our medical program.
- Updated curriculum places a premium on early clinical experiences for medical students, as well as real-world, hands-on experiences.
- Excellent Total compensation and benefit package options that provide security for you and your family.
The Full/Associate Professor in the Department of OB/GYN will be a maternal-fetal medicine specialist who is well seasoned clinically but who also has ample teaching and managerial postgraduate experience and will help expand the clinical services of the Maternal-Fetal Medicine Program. The successful candidate will have:
- Active candidacy or diplomate status with the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Successful completion of a 4-year accredited OBGYN residency and 3-year Maternal-Fetal Medicine fellowship with suitability for performance of Maternal-Fetal Medicine inpatient and outpatient clinical duties.
- MD or DO or equivalent degree required.
- Eligible for unrestricted medical licensure in the State of Ohio prior to the start of appointment.
COMMUNITY HIGHLIGHTS: LIVE IN A TOP-RATED CITY!
Enjoy a low-cost of living and a metropolitan lifestyle that is second to none. Situated on the banks of the Maumee River and on the shores of Lake Erie in northwest Ohio, Toledo is a friendly and enterprising community, offering a plethora of Metroparks, a world-class art museum, the nationally recognized Toledo Zoo, superb educational institutions, professional sports teams, and endless recreational activities year-round. As a resident, you will experience:
- A short drive to beaches, lake-side parks, and ferry access to popular island destinations, Toledo offers both the cultural amenities of a big city and close-knit feel of a small town.
- Easy access to Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, and Columbus!
- Downtown Toledo is full of activity with a great selection of cuisine and a vibrant nightlife along the Maumee River.
Salary and academic rank for this position will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and academic background. UToledo/ProMedica offer an excellent benefits package including generous paid time off, retirement benefits, etc.
For immediate/confidential consideration, please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. All inquiries should be sent to Eric Dickerson: [email protected] and/or Julie Miller: [email protected]
UToledo has partnered with Kaye/Bassman to provide executive search services for the Department of OBGYN. UToledo is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.