Position: Clinic Physician Supervisor
Location: The County of Solano, California
Status: Full-time, Employed, Salaried Position
Company: The County of Solano, Department of Health and Social Services
Specialty: Family Medicine; Internal Medicine; Pediatrics; Primary Care; Public Health
Salary + Benefits: Competitive Pay; Comprehensive Benefits Package & Retirement Options; Relocation Assistance
Clinic Physician Supervisor Opportunity Description
The County of Solano seeks an experienced physician to fill the Clinic Physician Supervisor position in the County’s Family Health Services clinics. This position supervises Clinic Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants in the performance of their clinical duties and assists the Chief Medical Officer with quality assurance and administrative duties for the County’s Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) clinics. We are looking for a leader who is committed to operational excellence while having a profound impact on improving the health of our community.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for providing medical services to patients from a variety of socioeconomic, racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds and a proven record of providing medical care in an ambulatory healthcare setting.
The County’s FQHC system serves about 40,000 patients that typically generate approximately 90,000 visits annually, and it is staffed by over 150 individuals at its four Primary Care (Adult and Pediatric) Clinics, two Dental Health Centers, Mobile Primary Care and Dental services (vans) and Satellite Health clinics. This position develops, leads, and directs medical services provided by those supervised and provides direct medical care as a Clinic Physician.
In addition, the Clinic Physician Supervisor will:
- Supervises Clinic Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants in primary care clinics.
- Oversees the professional conduct and practices of medical staff; develops medical education programs and training for medical staff.
- Provides direct medical services to patients by conducting medical and physical examinations, making diagnoses, and prescribing medical and rehabilitative treatment.
- Provides medical consultation and coordinates patient management with a variety of County departments such as Mental Health Clinics, County Jails and Child Welfare Services.
- Assists management in ensuring compliance with local, State and federal laws, regulations, standards and policies in the planning and delivery of healthcare services.
- Coordinates complex medical care and discharge of patients with participating health plans and the California State prison.
- Assists management in the development of quality improvement programs; maintains and helps direct the Quality Improvement Program for Family Health Services; helps plan and implement quality incentive programs with participating health plans; and helps plan and develop new strategies for quality improvement, electronic health records and multidisciplinary teams.
- Assists management in the establishment, maintenance and review of medical policies and procedures for all clinical services.
- Represents the primary care clinics in meetings with public officials, other public agencies and civic groups in order to gather input, assess needs, develop priorities, and implement and maintain effective primary care programs.
The County of Solano Highlights:
Over the years, the County has integrated services to form one single department, Health and Social Services (H&SS), which today is the largest department in the county, with an operating budget of $370 million, and approximately 1,300 employees working in multiple locations. The department delivers services and programs to residents in seven cities as well as the unincorporated portions of the county and is organized into six divisions: Administration, Public Health Services, Family Health Services, Behavioral Health Services, Employment and Eligibility Services and Child Welfare Services.
Successful Candidate Should Have:
- Medical Degree (Medical Doctor [MD] or Doctor of Osteopathy [DO]) from an accredited college or university
- Successful completion of a Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Preventive Medicine, or equivalent residency program that is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
- Two (2) years of professional level experience in a clinical/medical practice performing responsible patient evaluations and treatment of clients from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Licensed or eligible to practice medicine by the State of California by date of hire.
Salary for this position will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and background. Solano County offers an excellent benefits package including generous paid time off, retirement benefits, etc.
Explore Solano County, California
Solano County is a special place, with its inviting mix of rural and suburban lifestyles and easy access to all of the urban amenities associated with two of the nation’s most dynamic metropolitan regions. Situated midway between San Francisco and Sacramento—the State capitol, Solano County is home to rolling hillsides, waterfronts, and fertile farmland.
County residents can enjoy day trips to the San Francisco Bay area, Lake Tahoe region and the Napa and Sonoma Valleys. Thanks to a mild climate, plenty of open space, proximity to lakes, rivers and mountains, residents can enjoy year-round outdoor recreational activities like fishing, boating, skiing, hiking, and biking. The county was recently named one of the top 100 Best Communities for Young People by the America’s Promise Alliance.