Position: Designated Institutional Official (DIO) and Program Director of the Family Medicine Residency Program
Location: West Columbia, South Carolina
Status: Full-time, Employed, Salaried Position
Company: Lexington Medical Center
Specialty: Family Medicine; Graduate Medical Education (GME); Residency Director
Salary + Benefits: Competitive Pay; Comprehensive Benefits Package & Retirement Options; Relocation Assistance
Family Medicine Residency Program Director and DIO Description
Lexington Medical Center (LMC), rated a Top 25 Best Hospitals to Work for in the U.S., is seeking an experienced clinician and committed leader to develop and lead a new Family Medicine Residency Program as the Founding Program Director and Designated Institutional Official (DIO) in West Columbia, South Carolina. The Program Director will help shape the future direction of this vital residency program and guide the development of no fewer than five (5) additional residencies with over 90 residents over the next four years. The hospital is undergoing significant investment in facilities and advanced, state-of-the-art technology to continue educating the next generation of healthcare professionals in a patient-centered environment.
Located in a highly visible and accessible area right in the heart of the Midlands Region, near the state capital (Columbia, SC), Lexington Medical Center is one of the most successful integrated healthcare systems in the Southeast. The medical center has a well-established patient population, with over one million patient visits each year, throughout the network of care.
This is an opportunity to take on the leadership of a new family medicine residency program and to spearhead the development of Graduate Medical Education at LMC that will continue to impact the quality-of-care delivery and health outcomes of this population.
- Join a prestigious Health Network that includes five community medical centers and employs a staff of more than 7,000 healthcare professionals dedicated to providing world-class health services throughout the state.
- Lexington Medical Center has recently achieved Sponsoring Institution accreditation by the ACGME and is establishing its GME program by developing a new Family Medicine Residency Program that will continue to impact the quality of care delivery and health outcomes of this population.
- With LMC’s high patient volumes and extensive primary care network, the Family Medicine Residency Program is planned to enroll as many as fourteen (14) residents per year. Resident salaries and benefits will be at a very competitive level.
- Access to a state-of-the-art continuity clinic designed to create a collaborative learning environment for resident training, patient care delivery, and faculty space.
- Benefit from the mentorship of senior national experts in graduate medical education and program accreditation, backed by the largest and most comprehensive healthcare network in the country.
- Continue to build a legacy model of healthcare, and establish your legacy—one that enriches the quality of medical education and expands clinical training capacity in South Carolina.
- An exceptional variety of clinical training environments with abundant opportunities to teach.
- Healthy work-life balance…all on vibrant campuses surrounded by green space.
- Excellent Total compensation and benefit package options that provide security for you and your family.
- Easy access to Charlotte and Atlanta metro areas. South Carolina offers both the cultural amenities of a big city and close-knit feel of a small town.
- Successful candidate will be a board-certified/eligible family physician who is well seasoned clinically but who also has the academic background necessary to help create the Founding Family Medicine Residency Program.
- Board Certification by the American Board of Family Medicine or American Osteopathic Board of Family Medicine, or hold credentials deemed equivalent to Certification by the ACGME’s Family Medicine Residency Review Committee.
- At least three (3) years of educational or GME administrative experience.
- Demonstrated clinical competence as a practicing physician.
- Unrestricted credentials within Lexington Medical Center and be licensed or eligible to practice medicine by the State of South Carolina.
Salary and academic rank for this position will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and academic background. LMC offers an excellent benefits package including generous paid time off, retirement benefits, etc.
West Columbia, SC
One of the most charming states, South Carolina offers an idyllic setting to work and live in — with a diverse mix of urban, suburban and rural life, perfectly designed for everyone’s taste. We are in the heart of some of South Carolinas most stunning and enterprising communities offering four distinct seasons for recreational activities, some the finest schools in the nation, access to exemplary medical facilities, and options to live either along the river, in leafy suburbs overlooking rolling hills, or within vibrant urban areas.