Position: Director of the Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Location: Little Rock, AR
Company: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Specialty: Child and Adolescent Psychiatry; Mental Health
Salary + Benefits: Competitive Salary; Generous Benefits Package; Relocation Assistance
Director of the Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Description
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS), Arkansas Children’s Hospital (ACH), and the UAMS Psychiatric Research Institute (PRI) are seeking an innovative, strategic leader to be the Director of the Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. This position offers the opportunity to lead our well-established Division (est.1955), its innovative clinical programs, and its well-staffed faculty into the future. This includes serving the needs of the children and families of Arkansas, supporting a large, dynamic tertiary-care children’s hospital system composed of two hospitals, and a state-wide Clinically Integrated Pediatric Network. We are looking for a Director to develop and extend significant research programs at both PRI and the Arkansas Children’s Hospital Research Institute. The Director will participate in and lead the child and adolescent portion of an exceptionally strong psychiatry education program that is one of the leading undergraduate and graduate medical education programs in the region. Additionally, he/she will help develop and advance our nationally recognized digital health program and be a leader within UAMS’ PRI, which is prized by our state and sponsoring institutions.
The new leader will be board-certified in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, have significant leadership skills, and excel in at least two (2) of the areas of our three-fold mission: clinical care, education, and research. The Director will also work effectively with leadership of ACH and UAMS. She/he will lead a dynamic young faculty of six (6) physicians based primarily in the Division and another six (6) child and adolescent psychiatrists who are primarily based elsewhere across the Department. These numbers will likely double over the next 3-5 years.
- Lead the Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, the academic home of all UAMS/ACH Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists
- Participate in the leadership of the UAMS Psychiatric Institute (PRI) and the Department of Psychiatry
- Lead as the Section Chief of Psychiatry at Arkansas Children’s Hospital (ACH) and participate fully in the development of behavioral health at ACH and its Clinically Integrated Network
- Continue the development of the Division and its role at ACH, PRI, and UAMS
- Lead or see to the leadership of all education, clinical, and/or research activities of the Division
- Development the regional and national reputation of the Division
- Effectively mentor Division faculty to develop his/her academic career
The successful applicant should possess:
- MD or DO, MD /Ph.D. or equivalent required
- American Board Certification in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Eligible for licensure in the State of Arkansas
- Academic credentials which merit appointment as Associate Professor or Professor at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Excel in at least two of the three missions of the division: education, research, and clinical care
- Have leadership experience and be willing to further develop one’s leadership abilities
- Work effectively with ACH, PRI, and UAMS
- Ability to recruit faculty members both from within our training program and beyond
- Demonstrated leadership in an academic department
- Participation in national Child and Adolescent academic activities
- An understanding of the complexities of academic life and the interactions between departments (divisions), hospitals, and health care systems.
WHO IS UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS FOR MEDICAL SCIENCES?
UAMS is the only adult Level 1 trauma center and comprehensive stroke center in the state of Arkansas. Arkansas Children’s Hospital is one of the 25 largest children’s hospitals in the United States and is nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report in four specialties in the new 2020-21 Best Children’s Hospitals rankings.
UAMS Awards, Recognition & Fast Facts:
- UAMS has been recognized by S. News & World Report as having the best hospital in the state, ranking UAMS Medical Center the No. 1 Hospital in Arkansas.
- Ranking in top 16% of all U.S. Colleges & Universities in research funding from federal government.
- Economic Impact: $4.5 billion/year economic impact – UAMS and affiliates Arkansas Children’s Hospital and Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System.
- Research: Total research funding more than $110 million across UAMS and UAMS researchers working in the Arkansas Children’s Research Institute and Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System.
- Only adult Level One Trauma Center in Arkansas.
- Hospital Capacity: 535 beds, including 431 adult beds, 64 newborn bassinets, and 40 psychiatry beds.
- Statewide Reach: Expanded access to medical and mental health care with new psychiatric medical residencies.
- The Psychiatric Research Institute’s Psych TLC program provides Arkansas’ primary care physicians with access by telephone to child and adolescent mental health expertise.
Salary and academic rank for this position will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and academic background. UAMS offers an excellent benefits and compensation package including competitive salary base with productivity incentive, dedicated professional development funds, retirement matching and investment options, etc.
For confidential consideration, along with additional details about this opportunity, those interested must email a CV to:
Senior Search Consultant-Academic Psychiatry
Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
Phone: (972) 265-5306 – Direct
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included.