Position: Director of Thrombosis and Comprehensive Hemophilia Center
Location: New York City (Bronx, NY)
Status: Full-time, Employed, Salaried Position
Company: Montefiore Medical Center-Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Specialty: Thrombosis; Bleeding Disorders; Hemophilia; Non-Malignant Hematology; Hematology/Oncology
Salary + Benefits: Competitive Pay; Comprehensive Benefits Package & Retirement Options; Relocation Assistance
Director of Thrombosis and Comprehensive Hemophilia Center Opportunity
The Department of Medicine at Montefiore Medical Center is seeking a board-certified/eligible, full-time Benign Hematologist to join the Division of Hematology at the Assistant or Associate Professor level and serve as the Adult Director of The Hemophilia Treatment Center at Montefiore Medical Center ([email protected]).
Designated a Hemophilia Treatment Center by HRSA in 2016, the [email protected] is the first to be approved in the New England region for over forty years. Serving a diverse population of patients with bleeding disorders in the Bronx, Westchester, and Rockland counties, the comprehensive nature of this HTC assures this region with the social services, genetic counseling, and support services that they require, ensuring our patients that they will be able to receive the care they need and deserve.
The ideal candidate will have subspecialty interests in the care and management of patients with thrombosis and bleeding disorders, but should be well versed in complementopathies, hemoglobinopathies, and general nonmalignant hematology. We are a large nonmalignant hematology group. The candidate will be expected to participate in and develop their own clinical/epidemiologic research and/or clinical trials. The position includes clinical practice in both inpatient and outpatient settings, as well as teaching of medical students, residents, and fellows.
From an original cohort of 50 patients, the [email protected] is now home to over 300 patients with bleeding and congenital thrombotic disorders. This is an outstanding opportunity to join an academically strong, growing, and collaborative Hematology Division within a leading medical school.
- The successful candidate will work in conjunction with the pediatric director for this program.
- The [email protected] is patient-centric, staffed with professionals trained to care for the bleeding and clotting disorder patient population, delivering world-class patient care as well as guaranteeing patients a smooth transition from pediatric treatment to adult hemophilia care.
- Multidisciplinary Team: The [email protected] consists of three (3) board-certified physicians, two (2) dedicated NPs, five (5) associated NPs, one (1) dedicated social worker, two (2) clinical research associates, and administrative and billing staff.
- The [email protected] actively participates in Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Maternal Child Health Bureau (MCHB) studies, allowing patients access to the national database and the most innovative therapies in clinical care.
- The HTC has a close relationship with the Adult Thrombosis Prevention and Treatment Program that the Division of Hematology has directed for many years. The Thrombosis Program has been in existence for over 12 years and is one of the first programs in the country to deliver outpatient bridging management and outpatient treatment of patients with stable pulmonary emboli. The Thrombosis Program has daily NP staffed clinics and staffs an NP-driven inpatient service on both the West (Moses) and East (Einstein-Weiler) campuses.
- Salary and benefits are highly competitive, and academic rank at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine will be commensurate with experience. Applicants must be eligible for and be able to obtain a NY state medical license prior to their start date.
- Ranked among the top hospitals nationally and regionally by U.S. News & World Report, Montefiore is a busy major academic institution serving a diverse urban and suburban population, and is the primary teaching hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Bronx, New York).
- Montefiore is one of nation’s largest academic medical centers. We are a growing organization and one of New York’s top employers.
Community Highlights: Quality of Life While Living & Working in a Vibrant Community in New York!
There’s no place quite like New York City. Even if you think you know the city well—the world-class museums, amazing food, and unforgettable views—there’s always something new and exciting to discover.
- Bronx’s leisure activities, unsurpassed anywhere in the world, are all within a 15-minute drive of the College of Medicine, as are a broad selection of restaurants catering to all tastes and appetites.
- Easy access to the famous Bronx Zoo, New York Botanical Garden, Orchard Beach and City Island, and Yankee Stadium. Golfers can play at the Van Cortlandt Park course, one block from the West Campus. Tennis courts and riding stables are at hand, and sailors can rent boats at City Island.
- For the culturally inclined, the nearby Lehman College Center for the Performing Arts offers opera, concerts, theater, and dance.
- Explore the many miles of surrounding beaches along the shores of Long Island Sound and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Skiing and other winter sport activities abound in New York State and New England, or to the west in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
For immediate consideration, please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. All inquiries should be sent to Elaine Auerbach: [email protected] or [email protected]
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
Einstein-Montefiore has partnered with Kaye/Bassman to provide executive search services for the Division of Hematology. Einstein-Montefiore is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.