Position: Division Head of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Status: Full-time; Employed; Salaried Position
Company: University of Virginia School of Medicine
Specialty: Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Salary + Benefits: Competitive Pay; Robust Benefits Package & Retirement Options; Relocation Assistance
Division Head of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Opportunity
Are you an innovative thinker? Are you perceptive, persistent, and empathetic? We are looking for your conscientious commitment. The future of UVA Health has never looked more promising. And we are building our team of professionals to accommodate this growth.
The Department of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences at the University of Virginia (UVA) School of Medicine is seeking a mid-career child and adolescent psychiatrist who is capable of leading and expanding our Child and Adolescent services as the Division Head of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
The Division Head of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry will have the demonstrated experience necessary to lead and manage the Child and Family Psychiatry Outpatient Clinic with the drive and persistence to expand the Child and Adolescent services over the next several years. The Child Clinic is conveniently located within a short distance from the UVA Health Medical Center and currently houses three (3) attending physicians, a psychologist with specialization in child psychiatry, a nurse practitioner, and 5-8 fellows who use the latest techniques and strategies in behavioral science. Most child and adolescent psychiatric consultations are handled via Telepsychiatry and no travel is required.
The Child Clinic provides comprehensive, state-of- the-art evaluations and treatment of the emotional and behavioral disorders found in children and adolescents. This position reports directly to the UVA Psychiatry Department Chair and collaborates with the Medical Director and Vice Chair of Clinical Operations.
This is a key Leadership role within Virginia’s most comprehensive academic medical center and health system. Your contribution will be significant in the advancement of education and world-class, child psychiatric care throughout the state. When you join UVA Health, you join an institution known nationally and internationally for the excellence of its teaching, research, public service, and patient care. With the No. 1 Hospital in Virginia, the 3rd Best Public University in the Nation, and with multiple schools ranked among the U.S. Top 10, the UVA System welcomes your lasting contribution.
- The Division Head will benefit from a financially-sound Psychiatry Department that is well-supported by the Department Chair, Dean, and UVA Health System to expand the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Division.
- The Division Head of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry will be a psychiatrist who is well seasoned clinically but who also has ample teaching and managerial postgraduate experience and will help expand the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry services.
- Tremendous opportunities to perform research—The Psychiatry Department is home over 50 different areas of research, plus clinical services. The Department currently ranks 48th in NIH grant funding.
- The Department of Psychiatry is a pioneer in tele-mental health services and began providing Adult Psychiatry in 1998 and Child Psychiatry Telemedicine services in 2000.
- UVA School of Medicine has consistently earned the National Excellence in Diversity Award.
- Experience a highly collegial psychiatry care team. Enjoy a thriving and collaborative work environment with exceptional benefits and career development opportunities.
- Benefit from the mentorship of senior national experts in child and family psychiatry. Distinguished psychiatry faculty and trainees are involved in an active learning and leading-edge research environment.
- Continue to build a legacy model of child and adolescent psychiatric healthcare, and establish your legacy—one that enriches the quality of patient care and expands clinical service capacity in Virginia.
- Healthy work-life balance…all on vibrant campuses surrounded by green space.
- UVA Medical Center Sign-On Bonuses & Referral Incentives. Exceptional Total Rewards, compensation and benefit package options that provide security for you and your family.
- Easy access to Washington D.C. and Virginia Beach.
Successful candidate should have:
- MD or DO, MD/PhD or equivalent required
- ABPN Board Certification in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Eligible for unrestricted medical licensure in the Commonwealth of Virginia prior to the start of appointment
Salary and academic rank for this position will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and academic background. UVA offers generous compensation and benefits packages.
Discover Charlottesville, VA
UVA Medical Center is located in picturesque Charlottesville, Virginia. This mid-sized city in the rolling foothills of the historic Blue Ridge Mountains offers many of the cultural, educational, and professional advantages of a large metropolitan area.
The Blue Ridge Parkway, Skyline Drive, and ski resorts are approximately one-half hour by car to the West; Virginia Beach, three hours to the Southeast; and Washington, D.C., two hours to the Northeast.
Money magazine has named Charlottesville among the top cities in the United States; Outside magazine listed it as one of their “dream towns,” and Charlottesville has been lauded as one of the top cities for charming atmosphere, book lovers, wine enthusiasts, college football, as well as one of the healthiest cities.
For immediate consideration, please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. All inquiries should be sent to Kurt Voelker: [email protected] or [email protected]
Executive Search Consultant
Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (972)265-5306 – Direct
Kaye/Bassman has been retained to provide executive search services for UVA. The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person’s perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.