Position: Program Director of the Family Medicine Residency Program
Location: Eau Claire, WI
Status: Full-time, Employed, Salaried Position
Company: Prevea Health & Hospital Sisters Health System
Specialty: Family Medicine; Graduate Medical Education (GME); Residency Director
Salary + Benefits: Competitive Pay; Comprehensive Benefits Package & Retirement Options; Relocation Assistance
Family Medicine Residency Program Director Description
Prevea Health and Hospital Sisters Health System (HSHS), in conjunction with its academic partners, the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) and the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health (UW SMPH), are pleased to launch a national search for a new Family Medicine Residency Program Director in Eau Claire, WI. This is an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic, visionary leader to help shape the future direction of this vital and well-established residency program.
PREVEA HEALTH FAMILY MEDICINE:
Prevea Health Family Medicine is located in a highly visible and accessible area of Eau Claire, with approximately 12,500 visits each year. The Prevea Health Family Medicine Residency Program has ACGME recognition for osteopathic residency training, and has a robust curriculum that excels in balancing medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics, and outpatient procedures.The program embraces evidence-based medicine, full spectrum family medicine, and community service. Elective opportunities provide residents with time to explore personal areas of interest.
The community-based residency program is approved for a total of 16-17 residents – and has been training family medicine physicians in urban and rural communities throughout the region since 1975. Five (5) residents each year are accepted to the Eau Claire program and one (1) resident every other year to the rural training site in Augusta, which is a 30-minute commute to the east of Eau Claire. Patient-populations served includes working with Hmong, Hispanic, and Amish populations, as well as serving as the Chippewa Valley Technical College student health service.
Prevea Health is the largest physician-owned multi-specialty group in Wisconsin. With more than 40 locations throughout northeast Wisconsin and western Wisconsin’s Chippewa Valley, Prevea Health’s clinical presence continues to grow.
- M.D. or D.O. medical degree is required.
- At least three (3) years documented educational and/or GME administrative abilities. Possessing specialty expertise and demonstrate clinical competence as a practicing physician is required.
- Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine or American Osteopathic Board of Family Medicine, or hold credentials deemed equivalent to Certification by the ACGME’s Family Medicine Residency Review Committee.
- Have unrestricted credentials within Prevea Health, Hospital Sisters Health System (HSHS), and be licensed to practice medicine by the State of Wisconsin by date of hire.
- Single-specialty 5-5-5 program
- ACGME accredited allopathic and osteopathic recognized family medicine residency training
- Only comprehensive geriatric assessment program in northwest Wisconsin, member of Wisconsin Alzheimer’s Institute (WAI)
- Six (6) family physician faculty (MD and DO) and a behavioralist faculty
- Over 75 community faculty members who work with our residents in a variety of settings
- Over 2250 graduates, a majority practicing in Wisconsin
- Located in a state-of-the-art medical facility, just minutes from the local hospitals
- Work in partnership with a hospital system, HSHS, with specialized physician support
- EPIC, electronic medical record system, in both ambulatory and inpatient settings
- Shared Human Patient Simulator laboratory with CVTC
- 18 exam rooms and two (2) procedure rooms
- Digital x-ray suite and ultrasound suite
- Diverse practice settings: Urban, rural
- Ability to expand specialty areas of interest in your practice
- The program is fully sponsored by the Wisconsin Northern & Central Graduate Medical Education Consortium (WiNC GME Consortium)
- Certificate of recognition for Extraordinary Service from the Wisconsin Alzheimer’s Institute
- Generous and competitive benefit packages
- Eau Claire is included in Livability.com’s Top 100 Places to Live
- Eau Claire ranks No. 3 on the list of Most Livable Small Cities in the U.S. 2020
Salary and academic rank for this position will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and academic background. Prevea Health offers an excellent benefits package including generous paid time off, retirement benefits, etc.
Eau Claire, WI
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, could probably lay claim to being “The Indie Capital of the Midwest,” but trademarking that would be far too corporate a move for this independent-minded university town. Instead, Eau Claire, located at the confluence of the crystal clear Eau Claire and Chippewa Rivers, goes its own way and encourages everyone who visits to come along for the ride. This is where farm kids grow up to be artists and entrepreneurs. Where alternative is a positive. Where attitude is more important than age. Where hospitality is legit. Where originality is celebrated. In other words, indie.