Position: Medical Oncology Physician
Location: Los Angeles, California
Status: Full-time; Salaried
Company: University of Southern California-Keck Medicine of USC; Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center
Specialty: Hematology/Oncology; Medical Oncology
Salary + Benefits: Competitive Salary; Generous Benefits Package; Relocation Assistance
Medical Oncologist Position Summary
Medical Oncology Mid-Career Physician Needed for Academic Cancer Center Satellite in a Fast-Growing Market Near the San Fernando Valley
Quality of Life While Living And Working In a Vibrant Region of California!
Make a difference in the lives of cancer patients by joining a leading-edge, internationally-renowned academic medical enterprise fully supported by a multidisciplinary team, and backed by a patient-centered and evidenced-based medicine approach. You’ll have access to state-of-the-art technologies, resources, and the professional freedom you need to deliver the most comprehensive and personalized cancer prevention and precision-based oncology treatment options available.
For more than 131 years, Keck Medicine of USC has been recognized among the nation’s most respected academic medical centers. Part of Keck Medicine of USC, and one of only 51 NCI-Designated Comprehensive Cancers in the nation, the USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center is home to top-ranked medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, scientists, and surgeons. The medical center is distinguished for its high level of patient care, novel and promising therapies, groundbreaking research and teaching, and is on U.S. News & World Report’s Honor Roll for the Top 20 Best Hospitals in the nation. Keck Medicine of USC looks forward to providing the San Fernando Valley area access to groundbreaking therapies and innovative clinical trials.
The Department of Medicine at the University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine of USC seeks an exceptional full-time, ABIM-certified/eligible Medical Oncologist for a clinical faculty position in the Division of Oncology at Keck Medicine of USC. This position reports to the USC Division Chief of Oncology in the Department of Medicine, Dr. Darcy Spicer.
The Department of Medicine is affiliated with the USC/Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, an NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center with multiple community satellites in the Los Angeles area. As one of California’s top cancer centers, USC Norris has been revolutionizing cancer research for more than 40 years with innovative surgical techniques and novel cancer treatments. Keck Medicine and its flagship USC Norris Cancer Hospital pursue the highest standards in the integrated delivery of high quality, high value collaborative oncology care, while fostering an unparalleled training environment attracting the best residents and subspecialty fellows.
Keck Medicine of USC has acquired the prestigious Orange Coast Oncology Hematology (OCOH) group to create Keck Medicine of USC Oncology/Hematology, which offers cancer research options to patients in Orange County. Oncology faculty have leadership roles in the scientific agenda of the Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG) and have provided core laboratory resources for translational trials conducted by the Group. USC has nearly $900 million in annual research expenditures, and is ranked No. 2 in NIH funds received per principal investigator.
- Benefit from the mentorship of senior international experts in Medical Oncology and NCI designation, a robust infrastructure and state-of-the-art clinical care, backed by one of the largest and most comprehensive health systems in the country.
- Join an award-winning medical enterprise and the region’s first medical school serving as a regional destination for specialized care.
- The USC Norris Cancer Hospital-Keck Medical Center of USC is ranked among the best in the nation for cancer by U.S. News & World Report 2020-2021 Best Hospitals list.
- Successful candidate will be a BC/BE physician who is well seasoned clinically but who also has the academic background necessary in Medical Oncology to help develop a new Cancer Clinic in California. Interest in serving a diverse patient population in both private and public clinical practice.
- Continue to build a legacy model of healthcare and establish your legacy—one that enriches the quality of cancer care and expands clinical training capacity in California and beyond.
- Access to a brand-new, multi-million-dollar medical facility. This expansion of clinical facilities is necessitated by the significant growth the medical enterprise has experienced in virtually all areas over the last four years.
- An exceptional variety of clinical environments with abundant opportunities to teach and train.
- Healthy work-life balance…all on vibrant campuses surrounded by green space.
- Excellent Total compensation and benefit package options that provide security for you and your family.
- As the largest private employer in the city, you’ll be a part of a world-class research university that’s rich with the latest medical resources and a vision of becoming the most influential health system in Southern California and the Pacific Rim.
Successful candidate should have:
- MD or MD/PhD degrees
- Board Certification or Eligibility in Internal Medicine (ABIM certified)
- Completion of an ACGME-accredited Hematology/Oncology Fellowship training program or have significant work experience in Hematology and/or Medical Oncology is required.
- Unrestricted State of California Medical License (current or eligible)
- Successful candidates will receive competitive compensation and robust benefits package.
Salary and academic rank for this Medical Oncology position will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and academic background. USC offers an excellent benefits and compensation package including competitive salary base with productivity incentive, dedicated professional development funds, retirement matching and investment options, etc.
For immediate consideration, please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. All inquiries should be sent to Mark Foutz: [email protected] and/or Richard Schulman: [email protected]
Discover Los Angeles, CA
The City of Los Angeles holds many distinctions. LA is the entertainment capital of the world, a cultural mecca boasting more than 100 museums, and a paradise of idyllic weather. Los Angeles is a trend-setting global metropolis with a fascinating history and a rich cultural heritage. LA’s cultural attractions are second to none, whether it’s the Griffith Park and Griffith Observatory, Space Shuttle Endeavour, Walt Disney Concert Hall, the Getty Center, or art galleries and urban art. From Transformers: The Ride-3D to legendary studios, thriving nightlife, and renowned theatre productions, LA is truly the entertainment capital of the world. LA dining is acclaimed for Michelin-starred restaurants and multicultural neighborhoods alike. Sports fans know that LA is the city of champions, while active Angelenos can explore 75 miles of coastline and hundreds of miles of bike and hiking trails. Shop for everything from couture to vintage or relax in one of LA’s world-class spas.