Position: Faculty, Neuroradiology
Location: Hershey, PA
Company: Penn State Health
Specialty: Radiology; Neuroradiology
Rate: Competitive Salary; Generous Benefits Package; Relocation Assistance
Faculty, Neuroradiology Description
The Division of Neuroradiology in the Department of Radiology at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is seeking a full-time subspecialty-trained Neuroradiologist.
The successful candidate should have broad experience in interpretation of adult and pediatric diagnostic neuroradiology and minor neurointerventional procedures. All faculty will participate in evenly distributed call and evening shift responsibilities. All faculty are responsible for teaching and overseeing diagnostic radiology residents, neuroradiology fellows, and medical students in both reading room and lecture settings. Most daily clinical assignments will involve direct resident supervision.
Successful candidates must be committed to working with broadly diverse student and community populations. The candidate must be ABR-board certified or board eligible and have completed a Neuroradiology fellowship or have equivalent experience by the starting date of their appointment. Candidates who have a willingness, interest, and experience in another related area of specialty (i.e. pediatric neuroradiology, spine intervention, or neurocognitive diseases, etc.) are encouraged to apply. Optimal and successful candidates will have guaranteed protected time for educational and research activities.
The position will be: 85% clinical; 15% academic.
The Department of Radiology Fast Facts:
- Accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) in ultrasound, magnetic resonance imaging, computed tomography, and mammography
- Accredited by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) in nuclear medicine, PET, and nuclear cardiology
- 50 board-certified, fellowship trained radiologists
- Approximately 180 certified technologists
- 10+ dedicated clinical nurses
- More than 400,000 diagnostic studies performed each year
- Multiple convenient locations
- More than 100 published research papers in the last three (3) years
- More than 50 research grants/contracts in the past five (5) years
The Department has state of the art diagnostic imaging equipment including four Siemens 3.0 T clinical MRI scanners, an additional 3T Prisma scanner that is used for clinical research, four 128 slice Siemens Flash CT scanners, and a Neurostar biplane angiographic suite.
Salary and academic rank for this position will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and academic background.
- M.D. or equivalent
- ABR-Board certified or Board eligible in Neuroradiology by contract start date
- State of Pennsylvania Medical License, or eligibility by contract start date
- Completed Fellowship in Neuroradiology, with a CAQ in Neuroradiology by contract start date or equivalent Neuroradiology experience
Discover Hershey, PA
Located in the heart of The Sweetest Place on Earth, Milton S. Hershey Medical Center has been recognized for its excellence as a patient care provider, employer and community partner. Living in Hershey and Pennsylvania offers a unique living experience year round with unlimited attractions, dining options, shopping, outdoor activities, live concerts, and much more.
The Hershey Harrisburg Region is made up of charming small towns, vibrant communities, and unique neighborhoods that create a rich and robust must-see destination. With its proximity to nature, outdoor enthusiasts can discover miles of hiking and biking trails, and the Susquehanna River welcomes kayakers and boaters to splash and explore the greater metropolitan Harrisburg area. Hershey, PA is within two hours of Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, and Baltimore.
For confidential consideration, those interested contact Eric Dickerson at KBIC at [email protected], (972)265-5245.
Kaye/Bassman has been retained to provide executive search services for the Penn State Health. Penn State Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the Penn State Health nondiscrimination policy.