Position: Pediatric Hospitalist – Clinical Assistant Professor
Location: Syracuse, NY
Status: Full-time, Employed, Salaried Position
Institution: SUNY Upstate Medical University
Specialty: Pediatric Hospital Medicine; Hospital Medicine
Salary + Benefits: Competitive Pay; Comprehensive Benefits Package & Retirement Options; Relocation Assistance
Pediatric Hospitalist Opportunity Description
The Department of Pediatrics at SUNY Upstate Medical University (Upstate) — the region’s largest employer and only academic medical center in Central New York — is seeking a dynamic and committed academic-clinician experienced in Pediatric Hospital Medicine (PHM) to join the Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine. Located in the region’s only academic children’s hospital, the Department of Pediatrics, in conjunction with the Upstate Pediatric Service Group (MSG), provides comprehensive inpatient care — advanced care, assisted by modern technology, in subspecialty areas — for children in a vast 22-county region, plus parts of Pennsylvania and Vermont at Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital in Syracuse. The Pediatric Hospitalist will be dedicated to diagnosing and treating pediatric patients admitted to the Children’s Hospital using patient and family-centered principles, medication stewardship, and evidenced-based medicine while contributing to the academic and administrative missions.
The Division of PHM has a robust clinical practice with the vision to be a premier academic practice in the country with national reputation for state-of-the-art clinical and academic programs. The successful candidate will be a dynamic Pediatric Hospitalist who wants to be part of a growing practice where they can obtain resources to reach to their full potential.
- MD, DO, or equivalent degree
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Pediatrics with eligibility for subspecialty board certification in Pediatric Hospital Medicine preferred
- NY state license or eligible
The successful candidate for the position of Pediatric Hospitalist will support the clinical operations of Upstate Medical University by providing direct patient care, teach residents and medical students pursuant to clinical activity, participate in faculty development opportunities, and serve on department and institutional task forces and committees. PHM faculty have ample opportunities for career advancement in their areas of interest.
- Live the New York State Lifestyle Without the High-Cost Living! Highly Visible and Accessible Suburban Location with a Well-Established, Socio-economically Diverse Patient Population. Easy access to New York City, Boston, Toronto, and Philadelphia.
- Join the region’s only pediatric hospital, Level I Trauma and Burn Center, treating over 100,000 pediatric encounters per year.
- PHM Catchment Area: Averaging 3,000 patients per year; daily average census about 36.
- Research: Multi-site research and QI projects both at the local and national level, Better Antibiotic Selection in Children, Eliminating Monitor Overuse, Approach to Febrile Young Infants, etc.
- Multidisciplinary Team: PHM division of 12 reflects the diverse opportunities at Upstate.
- Pediatric Training: categorical pediatric residency program, PHM fellowship program, clerkship rotations.
- Upstate is ranked by Forbes as one of America’s Best Large Employers.
- Excellent Total compensation and benefit package options that provide security for you and your family.