Position: Pediatric Interventional Cardiologist (Assistant/Associate/Full Professor)
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Company: University of Florida College of Medicine – Jacksonville
Specialty: Pediatric Cardiology
Salary + Benefits: Competitive Salary; Generous Benefits Package; Relocation Assistance
Pediatric Interventional Cardiologist Description
The University of Florida College of Medicine (UFCOM) – Jacksonville, a leading academic health center, invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure clinical track Pediatric Interventional Cardiologist at the rank of an Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in the Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Cardiology.
The new faculty will assume an existing patient base, working alongside six (6) general cardiologists, one (1) additional interventional cardiologist, and one (1) electrophysiologist. The successful candidate will participate in all aspects of diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterizations including evaluations of postoperative patients for whom hemodynamic assessment is necessary for guidance of medical and surgical management.
All clinical and academic activities of the pediatric cardiology program are performed on the Jacksonville campus with close cooperation and collaboration with Wolfson Children’s Hospital and other clinical partners (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and Nemours Children’s Clinic with more than 50 pediatric subspecialties).
The Division of Pediatric Cardiology Overview:
The Division of Pediatric Cardiology provides professional services primarily through Wolfson Children’s Hospital where the catchment population for the hospital exceeds 1.5 million people. The division serves Northeast Florida and attracts patients from Southern Georgia and the Florida panhandle. We provide a full complement of patient services, including fetal cardiology, advanced arrhythmia management, interventional catheterization, and support for a robust pediatric cardiovascular surgery service.
Jacksonville is a vibrant young and growing community. This is a unique opportunity to lead a division with support from UFCOM-Jacksonville, Wolfson Children’s Hospital (parent company Baptist Health), and the more than 50 pediatric subspecialty faculties at Nemours Children’s Clinic in Jacksonville.
Your Mission as the Pediatric Interventional Cardiologist:
Reporting to the Division Chief of Pediatric Cardiology and Chair of the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Florida College of Medicine (UFCOM) – Jacksonville, the Pediatric Interventional Cardiologist will collaborate closely with the clinical staff at Wolfson Children’s Hospital.
The incumbent will be expected to perform a combination of the following duties:
- Participate in all aspects of diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterization including evaluation of postoperative patients for whom hemodynamic assessment is necessary for guidance of medical and surgical management.
- Participate in outpatient clinics on the main campus and as need demands, at satellite locations. Coverage will include night and weekend call and inpatient rotations.
- Educate residents, medical students, and fellows as assigned.
- Attend Department faculty meetings and Divisional conferences as required.
- Strong collaboration with surgical staff and affiliated hospitals and clinics.
Professional Qualifications – How Do You Qualify?
- M.D., D.O., or M.D./Ph.D. degree(s).
- Board certification or eligibility by the American Board of Pediatrics with Board certification in Pediatric Cardiology.
- Active and unrestricted Florida Medical License or eligibility for Florida Medical Licensure.
- Graduate of approved training programs in Pediatrics and in Pediatric Cardiology.
- Qualified to hold a faculty appointment in the Department of Pediatrics and an appointment to the Medical Staff of Wolfson Children’s and UF Health.
- Rank and academic track will be commensurate with candidate training, qualifications, and experience.
Discover Jacksonville, FL
Located on Florida’s First Coast, Jacksonville is one of the largest cities in land area in the United States. The city provides an eclectic combination of southern hospitality, business, and recreational paradise. More than 1 million people live in the five-county area known as Florida’s First Coast. The area offers something for everyone, with a temperate climate incorporating seasonal changes, miles of beautiful waterways and beaches, and a myriad of public facilities for work and play. Located in the northeastern part of the state on the Atlantic Ocean, Jacksonville’s weather is sunny and pleasant. We enjoy an average of 320 days of sunshine each year yet have the coolest summers in the state.
For confidential consideration, along with additional details about this opportunity, those interested must contact:
Managing Partner & Practice Leader
Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
Phone: (972)265-5259 – Direct
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The University of Florida offers an excellent benefits package including generous paid time off, retirement benefits, etc. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
University of Florida – Jacksonville has partnered with Kaye/Bassman to provide executive search services for UF Health. The University of Florida is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UF Health nondiscrimination policy.