Position: Program Director of the Family Medicine Residency Program
Location: Los Angeles, California
Company: Dignity Health California Hospital Medical Center
Specialty: Family Medicine; Residency Director
Salary + Benefits: Competitive Salary; Generous Benefits Package; Relocation Assistance
Family Medicine Residency Program Director Description
The Family Medicine Residency Program at Dignity Health California Hospital Medical Center (CHMC) is dedicated to your career growth and to educating future family medicine physicians. Located in the heart of Downtown LA, this unopposed 24-resident program trains family physicians to provide compassionate and comprehensive care to a diverse, urban, medically underserved population and to guide trainees to excel in both academic and clinical medical careers. The program is committed to advance healthcare through education, research, medical service, and community.
CHMC’s Family Medicine Residency, in affiliation with UCLA School of Medicine, seeks a dynamic, visionary leader to help shape the future direction of this vital and well-established residency program. The Program Director of the Family Medicine Residency Program will continue to ensure excellence in resident training, support faculty in teaching and scholarship, and provide clinical services that address the healthcare needs of Los Angeles and the region. The Program Director must possess the required specialty expertise, as well as documented educational and administrative abilities, to carry out the responsibilities of the role and to achieve the goals and objectives of the program and CHMC. Additionally, the Program Director must have a heart for working with a diverse patient population.
The successful candidate will be a confident, visionary leader with the maturity, integrity, knowledge, and cultural sensitivity to inspire, develop, and recruit strong faculty and residents and advance collaborative relationships with community partners.
California Hospital Medical Center Overview:
Dignity Health California Hospital Medical Center Family Medicine Program is an unopposed 8-8-8 accredited free-standing community based program, with an academic affiliation at the University of California Los Angeles, David Geffen School of Medicine. We also have a strong affiliation with our community-based partners, Eisner Pediatric & Family Medical Center. CHMC is a 318-bed, non-profit hospital that has been providing the residents of Los Angeles with quality, compassionate care for over 130 years.
A recognized leader in excellence, innovation and community service, CHMC provides a full-continuum of acute care services, including a Level II Trauma Center, state-of-the-art Cardiac Catheterization Lab, Keith P. Russell Women’s Birthing Center, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), seven operating suites, and a free-standing Los Angeles Center for Women’s Health. With the busiest private Trauma Center in Los Angeles County and the 13th largest center for births in California, we offer a unique balance of leading technology and quality care delivered by more than 450 physicians and 1,700 employees.
Your Mission as the Family Medicine Residency Program Director:
The incumbent will be expected to perform a combination of the following duties:
- The Program Director must administer and maintain an educational environment conducive to educating the residents in each of the ACGME competency areas.
- Approve the continued participation of family medicine program faculty based on evaluation.
- Monitor resident supervision at all participating sites.
- Prepare and submit all information required and requested by the ACGME. This includes but is not limited to the family medicine program application forms and annual family medicine program resident updates to the ADS; and ensure that the information submitted is accurate and complete.
- Comply with the sponsoring institution’s written policies and procedures, including those specified in the Institutional Requirements, for selection, evaluation and promotion of residents, disciplinary action, and supervision of residents.
- Maintain clinical skills with protected time for direct patient care and CME.
- Monitor and evaluate the program to maintain compliance and ensure that all educational and performance standards set forth by the Program Director are being met by staff, facilities, and residents.
- Coordinate all schedules, including lectures and educational sessions, and allocate appropriate time for participation and involvement in all scholarly activities.
- Assure that the requirements established by the ACGME and the Family Medicine Review Committee are met by the family medicine program. Provides verification of resident eligibility to enter American Board of Family Medicine Maintenance of Certification process.
- Works with the Designated Institutional Official to meet program and institutional ACGME requirements.
Professional Qualifications – How Do You Qualify?
- M.D. or D.O. degree.
- Current Board Certification or Eligibility in Family Medicine (ABFM certified).
- Active and unrestricted California Medical License or eligibility for California Medical Licensure; DEA number.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a practicing Family Medicine Physician.
- Two (2) years’ experience as core faculty member in an ACGME-accredited Family Medicine Residency Program.
- Demonstrated leadership in teaching; experience in community-engaged health care research.
- Current ACLS and BLS.
- Rank and academic track will be commensurate with candidate training, qualifications, and experience.
Discover Los Angeles, CA
The City of Los Angeles holds many distinctions. LA is the entertainment capital of the world, a cultural mecca boasting more than 100 museums, and a paradise of idyllic weather. Los Angeles is a trend-setting global metropolis with a fascinating history and a rich cultural heritage. LA’s cultural attractions are second to none, whether it’s the Griffith Park and Griffith Observatory, Space Shuttle Endeavour, Walt Disney Concert Hall, the Getty Center, or art galleries and urban art. From Transformers: The Ride-3D to legendary studios, thriving nightlife, and renowned theatre productions, LA is truly the entertainment capital of the world. LA dining is acclaimed for Michelin-starred restaurants and multicultural neighborhoods alike. Sports fans know that LA is the city of champions, while active Angelenos can explore 75 miles of coastline and hundreds of miles of bike and hiking trails. Shop for everything from couture to vintage or relax in one of LA’s world-class spas.
For confidential consideration, along with additional details about this opportunity, those interested must contact:
Managing Partner & Practice Leader
Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
Phone: (972)265-5259 – Direct
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Dignity Health offers an excellent benefits package including generous paid time off, retirement benefits, etc. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
Dignity Health has partnered with Kaye/Bassman to provide executive search services for California Hospital Medical Center. Dignity Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the Dignity Health nondiscrimination policy.