Position: Program Director: Internal Medicine Residency Program
Location: West Columbia, South Carolina
Status: Full-time, Employed, Salaried Position
Company: Lexington Medical Center
Specialty: Internal Medicine; Graduate Medical Education (GME); Residency Director
Salary + Benefits: Competitive Pay; Comprehensive Benefits Package & Retirement Options; Relocation Assistance
Internal Medicine Residency Program Director Opportunity Description
Lexington Medical Center (LMC), rated a Top 25 Best Hospitals to Work for in the U.S., is seeking an experienced clinician and committed leader to develop and lead a new Internal Medicine Residency Program as the Founding Program Director in West Columbia, South Carolina. The Program Director will help shape the future direction of this vital residency program and guide the development of no fewer than five (5) additional residencies with over 90 residents over the next four years. The teaching hospital is undergoing significant investment in facilities and advanced, state-of-the-art technology to continue educating the next generation of primary care physicians in a patient-centered environment.
Located in a highly visible and accessible area right in the heart of the Midlands Region, near the state capital (Columbia, SC), Lexington Medical Center is one of the most successful integrated healthcare systems in the Southeast. LMC has a well-established patient population, with over one million patient visits each year, throughout the high-performing network of care.
This is an opportunity to take on the leadership of a new internal medicine residency program and to work as a core member of a team leading the development of Graduate Medical Education at LMC that will continue to impact the quality-of-care delivery and health outcomes of this diverse population.
- Join a high-performing Health Network that includes five community medical centers and employs a staff of more than 7,000 healthcare professionals dedicated to providing world-class health services throughout the state.
- Lexington Medical Center has achieved Sponsoring Institution accreditation by the ACGME and is establishing its GME programs. FM is the first residency program under development at LMC.
- With LMC’s high patient volumes and extensive primary care network, the Internal Medicine Residency Program is planned to enroll as many as ten (10) residents per year. Resident salaries and benefits will be at a very competitive level.
- Access to a state-of-the-art continuity clinic designed to create a collaborative learning environment for resident training, patient care delivery, and faculty space.
- Benefit from the mentorship of senior national experts in GME and program accreditation, backed by the largest and most comprehensive healthcare network in the country.
- Continue to build a legacy model of healthcare and establish your legacy—one that enriches the quality of GME and expands clinical training capacity in South Carolina.
- An exceptional variety of clinical training environments with abundant opportunities to teach.
- Healthy work-life balance…all on vibrant campuses surrounded by green space.
- Excellent Total compensation and benefit package options that provide security for you and your family.
- Columbia, SC is an idyllic city to work and live in. Easy access to popular coastal destinations, Charlotte, and Atlanta metro areas.
The GME Program Director will be a BC/BE physician who is well seasoned clinically but who also has the academic background necessary in Internal Medicine to help create and to achieve the goals and objectives of the founding Internal Medicine Residency Program at LMC.
- Board Certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine or American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine, or hold credentials deemed equivalent to Certification by the ACGME’s Internal Medicine RRC.
- Unrestricted credentials within Lexington Medical Center and be licensed or eligible to practice medicine by the State of South Carolina.
Salary and academic rank for this position will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and academic background. LMC offers an excellent benefits package including generous paid time off, retirement benefits, etc.
West Columbia, SC
One of the most charming states, South Carolina offers an idyllic setting to work and live in — with a diverse mix of urban, suburban and rural life, perfectly designed for everyone’s taste. We are in the heart of some of South Carolinas most stunning and enterprising communities offering four distinct seasons for recreational activities, some the finest schools in the nation, access to exemplary medical facilities, and options to live either along the river, in leafy suburbs overlooking rolling hills, or within vibrant urban areas.