Position: Program Director of the OB/GYN Residency Program
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Status: Full-time, Employed, Salaried Position
Company: Texas Health Resources – Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth
Specialty: Obstetrics and Gynecology; OB GYN; Graduate Medical Education; Residency Director
Salary + Benefits: Competitive Pay; Comprehensive Benefits Package & Retirement Options; Relocation Assistance
OB/GYN Residency Program Director Description
Texas Health Resources, a nationally recognized healthcare system and Forbes top 100 great place to work, lives a mission to improve the health and wellness of the people within its communities. Our system, one of the largest in the United States with 28 hospital locations and more than 350 access points across the greater Dallas-Fort Worth region, cares for more patients than any other health care provider in North Texas. We continually invest in new technologies, therapies, and facilities to advance care for the many patients we serve. And each year, we provide more than $800 million in charity care and community benefits.
Now, we are significantly expanding our graduate medical education (GME) programs so that the future of that mission will remain in good hands. The growth of our GME program starts this year as we begin a nationwide search for a physician leader to serve as the Program Director of the Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program. Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a nationally ranked Top 10 Best Hospital in the DFW area. Additionally, the growth of residency positions will continue at Texas Heath Fort Worth and beyond; we plan to establish GME teaching programs at many hospitals within our health care system, creating a total of 350 residency slots overall.
Expanding our GME offerings is at the forefront of our organization’s mission to help address the shortage of physicians in the Metroplex and increase access to convenient care for North Texans. This expansion will roll out over the course of the next three years, starting with the Texas Health Fort Worth accredited general surgery program, where first-year residents will begin working in July 2021. Presently, the system has more than 40 internal medicine residents working at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas.
The Program Director of the Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program is responsible for the leadership, organization, operation, and general administration of the Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program sponsored by Texas Health Fort Worth. The Program Director establishes the strategic direction of the program and is responsible for the standards, quality, and reputation of the program. The Program Director is expected to integrate the Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program with physician practices and hospital clinical services in a manner that enhances value, quality, and promotes an optimal environment for professional practice and medical education. While these programs are new, Texas Health’s commitment to training and education has long been woven into our health care system’s DNA for years.
- M.D. or D.O. medical degree is required.
- At least three (3) years documented educational and/or administrative abilities; or possess qualifications acceptable to the ACGME’s Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Review Committee is required. Possessing specialty expertise and demonstrate clinical competence as a practicing physician is required.
- Certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG) (or American Osteopathic Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology) or hold credentials deemed equivalent to Certification by the ACGME’s Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Review Committee.
- Unrestricted credentials within Texas Health Resources and be licensed or eligible to practice medicine in the State of Texas is required upon hire.
- Must be appointed in good standing with the Texas Health Resources, upon hire.
WHY CHOOSE TEXAS HEALTH?
- U.S. News & World Report’s 2020-2021 Best Hospitals list ranked three Texas Health hospitals among the Best in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and Texas: Texas Health Dallas, Texas Health Forth Worth, and Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth
- Largest Blue Zones® Project Approved™ Worksite in the world
- Named No. 1 on the 2020 “Best Workplaces in Health Care” list by Great Place to Work® (5th year in a row)
- Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For, 2015-2020 (#9 in 2019)
- Fortune’s 20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma, 2015-2020 (#1 all five years)
- Forbes America’s Best Employers for Diversity Top 500 list, 2019 (#140 in 2019)
- Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare
- LearningElite award, Chief Learning Officer magazine, 2016-2019 (Gold level in 2019) outstanding learning and development programs
- Recognized as one of the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) HealthCare’s Most Wired health systems, 2019
- The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® and the American Heart Association’s Heart-Check mark for Primary Heart Attack Center Certification
- Magnet designation
Salary and academic rank for this position will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and academic background. Texas Health offers an excellent benefits package including generous paid time off, retirement benefits, etc.
Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is proud to be a part of this diverse community and to offer advanced medical care close to home. This primary training location has a longstanding history of providing excellent care to more than 1.2 million people in such areas as stroke, brain tumor, labor and delivery, and emergency care. After 90 years of service, our commitment to your growth as an OBGYN leader is a priority to keeping this vibrant community strong.
Ranked among the Top 10 U.S. places to live with the highest pay adjusted to cost of living, the Dallas-Fort Worth area is a culturally diverse metropolitan region with a thriving culinary scene, world-renowned arts districts, major professional sports teams, trendy entertainment venues, and unparalleled shopping opportunities. We are in the heart of some of North Texas’ most stunning communities offering four distinct seasons for recreational activities, some the finest schools in the nation, and options to live either in leafy suburbs or within vibrant urban areas.
- No state income tax; No municipal income tax; State-legislated tort reform; Attractive housing prices; and a Low cost of living.
- Known for cowboys and rich culture, Fort Worth’s top attractions include one of the top zoos in the country, more than 200 open-air patio restaurants, internationally renowned museums, the Fort Worth Stockyards, the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens, and 100+ miles of connected trails to appeal to active lifestyles year-round.
- A short drive to lakes, rivers, and easy access to popular coastal destinations, Fort Worth offers both the cultural amenities of a big city and close-knit feel of a small town