Position: Program Director, Psychiatry Residency Program
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Status: Full-time, Employed, Salaried Position
Company: Parkview Health; Parkview Health Behavioral Health Institute
Specialty: Psychiatry; Behavioral Health; Graduate Medical Education; Residency Director
Salary + Benefits: Competitive Pay; Comprehensive Benefits Package & Retirement Options; Relocation Assistance
Psychiatry Residency Program Director Opportunity Description
Parkview Health is seeking an experienced clinician and dedicated leader to develop and lead a new Psychiatry Residency Program (4-6 residents per year; size to be determined by Program Director and Behavioral Health Institute leadership) as the Program Director within the largest health system in northeast Indiana and northwest Ohio.
- Parkview Health began its journey into Graduate Medical Education in 2018. ACGME Institutional Sponsorship was granted in January 2020 and the first two programs (internal medicine and general surgery) were granted initial accreditation in April 2021. The Psychiatry Residency Program is one (of several) programs to be developed as this GME journey continues at Parkview Health.
- Benefit from the mentorship of senior national experts in GME and program accreditation, a robust infrastructure, and state-of-the-art technologies, backed by one of the largest and most comprehensive health systems in the country recently ranked ranked Top 15 by Fortune/IBM Watson Health™.
- Join an award-winning health system comprised of an extensive network of more than 800 world-class providers in more than 45 specialties in over 312 locations, including nine hospitals, with the Parkview Regional Medical Center campus a regional destination for specialized care.
- The Parkview Behavioral Health Institute is a 107-bed acute care facility which provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services to patients of all ages. Northeast Indiana’s Only Inpatient Mental Health Services for Children & Adolescents.
- Access to $12 million renovation for Parkview Graduate Medical Education programs.
The successful candidate for this unique leadership opportunity will contribute to the application for ACGME accreditation of a new, fully sponsored Psychiatry Residency Program located in Fort Wayne, Indiana. As a financially-sound (Moody’s Bond Rating of Aa3), community-focused, expanding health system backed by strong leadership and Board support, Parkview Health has invested significant resources towards the development of more than ten medical residency programs during the next five to seven years, creating both economic and health benefits for the region.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE:
The Program Director will be a BC/BE physician who is well seasoned clinically but who also has the academic background necessary in Psychiatry to help create and to achieve the goals and objectives of the Founding Psychiatry Residency Program at Parkview Health.
- Board Certification by the American Board of Psychiatry or hold credentials deemed equivalent to Certification by the ACGME’s Psychiatry Residency Review Committee.
- Demonstrate clinical competence as a practicing physician.
- At least three (3) years of educational and/or administrative experience.
- Ability to recruit faculty members both from within our training program and beyond.
- Eligible for unrestricted medical licensure in the State of Indiana prior to the start of appointment.
- Must be appointed in good standing with the Parkview Physicians Group.
WHY CHOOSE PARKVIEW HEALTH?
- Parkview Health named Top 15 Health Systems by IBM Watson Health™.
- The region’s largest employer, serving the communities since 1878.
- Parkview Health named Most Wired® for sixth consecutive year.
- Parkview Health has been named Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare.
- Parkview Health named one of America’s Best Employers by Forbes Magazine.
- Multiple Parkview hospitals included in 100 Top Hospitals® list, also earn Everest Award.
- Three Parkview hospitals recognized among the Best Places to Work in Indiana.
- Magnet status.
- Comprehensive Stroke Center.
- Certified Level II Adult and Pediatric Trauma Centers.
- Accredited Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center.
- Parkview has the region’s only CyberKnife® System.
- Easy access to Chicago, Cincinnati, and Indianapolis! As the second-largest metropolitan area in the state, Fort Wayne offers an urban education setting that’s rich with medical resources and full-time faculty.
Salary and academic rank for this position will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and academic background. Parkview Health offers an excellent benefits package including generous paid time off, retirement benefits, etc. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Northeast Indiana has its own unique vibe and easy-going lifestyle that is second to none. Fort Wayne is supported by a large vibrant community, economic development, easy airport access, nationally recognized professional sports teams, unique boutiques and farmer’s markets, world-renowned museums and art galleries, a booming brewery scene, award-winning chefs, and a cool music scene (it’s even nicknamed the “Midwest Music City”).
- Fort Wayne, the region’s hub, consistently ranks as one of the best places to live in the United States and boasts some of the nation’s lowest cost of living.
- Indiana is ranked as one of the nation’s top “physician friendly” states with low-cost malpractice coverage, low managed care, simple licensing process, and more.
- Downtown is lined with outdoor cafes, a huge food-truck scene, and brand-new high-rise condos.
- Northeast Indiana offers both the cultural amenities of a big city and close-knit feel of a small town.
- The plethora of recreational activities provide residents with a great outdoors experience with miles of hiking trails, parks, rivers, lakes, and beautiful views year-round.