Position: Program Director of the Psychiatry Residency Program
Location: Hartford, CT
Status: Full-time, Employed, Salaried Position
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Specialty: General Psychiatry; Graduate Medical Education (GME); Residency Director
Salary + Benefits: Competitive Pay; Comprehensive Benefits Package & Retirement Options; Relocation Assistance
Psychiatry Residency Program Director Description
Hartford HealthCare (HHC) is seeking an experienced clinician and committed leader to develop and lead a new Psychiatry Residency Program as the Founding Program Director within the largest Behavioral Health Network (BHN) in New England. HHC is the largest integrated health care system in Connecticut and includes seven (7) acute care hospitals and four (4) inpatient BHN facilities. The BHN is an expansive psychiatric treatment, research, and academic network that includes the world-renowned Institute of Living and the Olin Neuropsychiatry Research Center, as well as nearly 300 inpatient beds, and more than 40 outpatient programs throughout the state.
An experienced GME organization, the BHN currently hosts one (1) well-established psychiatry residency program and three (3) psychiatry fellowship programs sponsored by HHC’s quaternary care academic partner, Hartford Hospital. Hartford Hospital is one of the largest surgical centers and academic centers in the northeast, and has been ranked #1 in the Hartford region and among the best in Connecticut by U.S. News & World Report.
The successful candidate for this unique opportunity will contribute to the application for ACGME accreditation of a new dual-site Psychiatry Residency Program located in southwestern Connecticut and sponsored academically by the Frank H. Netter School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University. This is a full-time position with 50% of the time allocated for residency program administration and the remainder for clinical practice that will incorporate education and supervision of psychiatry residents and medical students. The Program Director will be expected to engage in scholarly activities. The chosen candidate would be eligible for a Faculty appointment at the Frank H. Netter School of Medicine based on fulfillment of criteria.
As the Founding Psychiatric Residency Program Director, you will:
- Benefit from the mentorship of senior national experts in psychiatry graduate medical education and program accreditation.
- Join a prestigious behavioral health network employing 3,000 colleagues including nearly 100 psychiatrists and clinicians dedicated to providing research, treatment, and education throughout the state.
- Experience the quality of life in New England! With convenient access to Boston and New York City, Connecticut offers a lifestyle that is second to none. Located in the heart of some of New England’s most stunning communities, residents enjoy four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, some the finest schools in the nation, and options to live either along the shore, in leafy suburbs, or within vibrant urban areas.
- Additionally, the successful candidate will be board certified in psychiatry, specialty in addictions, child, or geriatrics preferred, but general psychiatrist perfectly acceptable. Interest and experience in research preferred, and for clinical responsibilities, able and willing to care for inpatients.
- Enjoy total compensation and excellent benefit package options that provide security for you and your family
- MD or DO, MD /Ph.D. or equivalent required
- ABPN Board Certification in General Psychiatry with ongoing clinical activity
- At least three (3) years documented educational and/or administrative abilities; or possess qualifications acceptable to the ACGME’s Psychiatry Residency Review Committee is required. Possessing specialty expertise and demonstrate clinical competence as a practicing physician is required
- Eligible for unrestricted medical licensure in the State of Connecticut prior to the start of appointment
- Have leadership experience and be willing to further develop one’s leadership abilities
- Ability to recruit faculty members both from within our training program and beyond
This is a key leadership role within Connecticut’s most comprehensive health care network. Leaders will especially welcome applications from underrepresented minorities as we seek to extend our diversity and inclusivity.