What are the fastest growing and best paying temp jobs? From manufacturing and transportation to business and healthcare services, companies all over the country are in high demand for temporary employees across various industries and job-types.
According to an annual forecast by Careerbuilder, 42 percent of private sector employers plan to hire contract or temporary workers in 2014; that’s up 36 percent from last year alone. Of these companies, 42 percent plan to offer some of their temporary workers permanent, full-time work.
The following list is comprised of occupations in the temporary help services industry that are projected to grow by at least three times the projected rate of all job growth, have more than 20,000 projected temporary workers employed by year end, and pay more than $16 per hour:
- Registered Nurses (59,632)
- Human Resources Specialists (58,016 jobs available)
- Licensed Practical and Vocational Nurses (37,895)
- Bookkeeping, Accounting and Auditing Clerks (26,154)
- Maintenance and Repair Workers (26,021)
- Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers and Weighers (24,276)
- Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers (21,264)
- Machinists (20,277)
- Sales Representatives, Services (19,861)
Source: Economic Modeling Specialists Intl. 2013.4 Class of Worker Dataset; Temporary Help Services Industry.
Many of these fast growing opportunities not only offer higher wages, but also substantial career growth. Due to the tight labor market and hard-to-fill positions, many HR departments are outsourcing temporary staffing companies to fill these positions for them.