Working with a great leader allows you to enjoy your role, be creative with your work and have the ability to grow into a better you. However, not everyone gets to work with great leaders. Unfortunately, some leaders are so harsh on their team that they make everyone around them feel miserable and unappreciated.
Sofie Sandell explains the traits she’s noticed that has made people into great leaders:
- Empower people around you, even if it is as small has a nice chat
- Organize regular weekly team meetings where people discuss what they are working on and what they struggled with
- Have lunch with people on your team on a regular basis
- Be open to new ideas
- Be straight with your communication
- Arrange several training days for your teams a year in advance so it is hard to cut that out of your budget for the upcoming year
- Remember what you promise
If you are on a team with a leader who does not make an effort to do any of the above, it may be time for you to look for a new opportunity. Take a look at our current positions at Kaye/Bassman to see how we can help you with your next career move.