A few weeks back, Netflix announced a groundbreaking update in regards to their parental leave policy. This announcement and change in policy grants new moms and dads unlimited leave with full pay during the first year of their child’s birth or adoption. This will give their employees the flexibility and ability to balance their new families without having to worry about work or finances. Ann Handley points out some early predictions and observations based on this update:
- Parents won’t feel like slackers taking full advantage of Netflix’s program.
- But some won’t be super psyched, either.
- Work-life balance is the new perk.
- Netflix will set a U.S. standard.
- Virtual is no longer weird.
If your current employer does not provide flexibility or a work-life balance suitable for you and your family, reach out to us to find an opportunity suitable for your news.