From a “man and his truck,” our client has dedicated over 50 years to the Texas market, now finding itself atop the commercial and industrial ladder in paint and high-performance coatings. Specializing in architectural, shop, and floor coatings, our client is proud to be named a Top 25 Minority Owned Businesses and Top 25 Family Owned Business in North Texas by the Business Journal. As their high-performance liquid flooring business continues to expand, they are actively seeking leadership for their Dallas/Fort Worth office. The Business Unit Leader for the group’s flooring division will play an integral role in helping our client reach the next level as a tried-and-true, Texas-based organization.
To ensure the Business Unit is meeting overall goals and objectives, delivering profit expectations as well as growing and developing throughout time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct all aspects including customer service, human resources, administration, and sales.
- Establish a people first culture.
- Understand and meet the needs of all customers as well as employees. Address satisfaction issues promptly.
- Assess local market conditions and identify current and prospective sales opportunities.
- Develop forecasts, financial objectives and business plans.
- Meet goals and metrics.
- Manage budget and allocate funds appropriately.
- Bring out the best of division personnel by providing training, coaching, development and motivation.
- Locate areas of improvement and propose corrective actions that meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities.
- Share knowledge with other locations and headquarters on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities and needs.
- Adhere to high ethical standards, and comply with all regulations/applicable laws.
- Network to improve the presence and reputation of the business unit and company.
- Stay abreast of competing markets and provide reports on market movement and penetration.
Education and Experience
- Actively monitor project goals & outcomes.
- Foster Cooperation among all employees Field & Office.
- Exhibit effective listening & communication skills. Actively seek feedback and receive it in a non-defensive manner.
- Strategic thinking & planning.
- Strong ability to track and read profit indicators, financials.
- Handle challenges and stressors in a productive, positive manner.