Our client is an established Real Estate Development Company that has been renovating and developing multi-family properties in the San Francisco Bay Area. They have acquired several development properties totaling over 1,250 units, with multiple new Greenfield and Urban infill High-Rise and Mid-Rise towers, with a projected 6000 + new units over the next few years. They are leading the way with a wealth of experience in multi-family acquisition, development, entitlement, renovation, and property management.
We are currently looking to fill an infrastructure development manager position with one of the largest and most high profile private developments in the history of California. This is a long term, 15 plus year real estate and construction project in San Francisco. It is a key role with oversight over the entire Infrastructure of a 100 plus acre site where you will manage and oversee the general contractors work on a mega recession proof project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interface internally to obtain input on major decisions regarding development projects’ infrastructure framework
- Work with the design teams to develop and implement district or neighborhood wide sustainability measures that reduce total carbon footprint, water, wastewater, and solid waste for the community.
- Be the main liaison for SFMTA, SFCTA, CALTRANS, PG&E, SFPUC, Water Resource Board, Army Corps of Engineers, DPW, AT&T, Comcast, and other infrastructure entities as may be required by the project
- Assure that all new utility services are delivered timely for new buildings and coordinate upgrades for existing buildings
- Coordinate and supervise day-to-day execution throughout project lifecycle, which may include:
- project scheduling,
- obtaining approvals,
- hiring, contracting and supervising contractors and consultants,
- reviewing and providing input for specifications,
- project budgeting and forecasting,
- ensuring projects meet highest quality control and schedules
- project turnover to homeowner's association or operations
- Oversee and monitor infrastructure construction teams, including architects, landscape architects, engineers, builders, etc.
- Be a contributing member of the development/construction team to achieve established project long term and intermediate goals while help creating a culturally thriving and financially successful company.
- Participate in the preparation of pre-construction budgets, value engineering options, and schedules for proposed projects in concert with the Master Plan Vision
- Review and coordinate the maintenance of budgets and payment applications through pre-construction and construction stages including required lender submissions
- Participate in meetings with municipalities, neighborhood groups, design teams, and public hearings throughout the construction process
- Monitor projects under construction to ensure adherence to development policies, procedures contract documents and specifications, and any audit requirements
- Anticipate and resolve issues and conflicts that may come up during projects with input from the project team
- Review construction loan draws and monthly project schedules to determine if projects are on schedule and within the approved budget
- Manage and ensure the smooth transition of the product from construction to operations
- Prepare, summarize, and provide updated project information and re-forecasted financial metrics on a periodic and ad hoc basis for inclusion in presentations, investor reports, and other materials
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Building Construction Management or Civil Engineer required; Graduate degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred
- 10-15+ years of directly relevant work experience in infrastructure construction, real estate and development in the San Francisco / Bay Area (preferred) or other major metropolitan areas
- Background in urban design and planning, site planning, construction oversight and delivery and overall project management of residential and commercial developments through completion.
- Proven leadership skills that cultivate collaboration among the internal and external team members
- Demonstrated record of successful project management in complex situations