Our client is an established Real Estate Development Company that has been developing multi-family properties in the San Francisco Bay Area. They have acquired several development properties totaling over 2,050 units, with multiple new Greenfield and Urban infill High-Rise and Mid-Rise towers, with a projected 6000 + new units over the next 10 years. They are leading the way with a wealth of experience in multi-family acquisition, development, entitlement, renovation, and property management.
Our client is seeking a Senior Construction Manager in the Bay Area. The ideal candidate must be local in the Bay Area and currently working with a premier general contractor building multi-story and high-rise buildings. The Senior Construction Manager will be responsible primarily for the construction of company's urban development investments and will be responsible for managing construction projects and construction teams, as well as assisting with due diligence and project management of future projects.
This new development is in the East Bay and the candidate must have local multi-family and multi-story experience.
Preference is someone coming directly from a premier general contractor who wants to get involved on the development owner side.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interface internally to obtain input on major decisions regarding development projects
- Coordinate and supervise day-to-day execution throughout project life cycle, which may include:
- project scheduling
- obtaining approvals
- hiring, contracting and supervising contractors and consultants
- reviewing and providing input for specifications
- project budgeting and forecasting
- ensuring projects meet highest quality control and schedules
- project turnover to homeowner's association or operations
- Oversee and monitor construction teams, including architects, engineers, builders, etc.
- Form, staff, and lead the construction team to achieve established project long term and intermediate goals while help creating a culturally thriving and financially successful company.
- Participate in the preparation of preconstruction budgets, value engineering options, and schedules for proposed projects in concert with the Master Plan Vision
- Review and coordinate the maintenance of budgets and payment applications through preconstruction and construction stages including required lender submissions
- Participate in consultant meetings through preconstruction and construction stages
- Monitor projects under construction to ensure adherence to development policies, procedures contract documents and specifications, and any audit requirements
- Anticipate and resolve issues and conflicts that may come up during projects with input from the project team
- Review construction loan draws and monthly project schedules to determine if projects are on schedule and within the approved budget
- Manage and ensure the smooth transition of the product from construction to operations
- Prepare, summarize, and provide updated project information and re-forecasted financial metrics on a periodic and ad hoc basis for inclusion in presentations, investor reports, and other materials
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Building Construction Management, Real Estate, Architecture, Civil Engineer or Business Administration required; Graduate degree in Construction Management, Business Administration,
- 10+ years of directly relevant work experience in construction, ground up construction in the Bay Area (preferred).
- Background in site planning, construction oversight and delivery and overall project management of residential and commercial developments through completion.
- Proven leadership skills that cultivate collaboration among the internal and external team members
- Demonstrated record of successful project management in complex situations
- Must be willing to travel
- Experience with local unions and contract negotiations preferred