As a mid-sized mechanical contractor, our client brings over 50 years of design-build success to the industrial facility, distribution, and manufacturing arena. As their business in Texas continues to expand, our southeast-based client is looking for leadership at the Vice President level with oversight of project management, service, purchasing, estimating, and client development. This role and the continued growth of the Texas marketplace, which has doubled in revenue over the past 5 years, will be an integral part in their push to the next level as an organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and develop strategies for organizational structure to meet the growth objectives of the organization, including budgets and performance quality metrics.
- Responsible for the performance of department operations in accordance with construction execution strategy/plan, specifications, and contract documents.
- Ensure preparation of construction execution strategies/plans and approve and issue for all projects.
- Direct workload, manpower and material planning to insure the construction objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Coordinate project construction activities with the project management team to ensure maximum collaboration and teamwork.
- Plan and oversee all hiring and supervising direct reports. Coach, develop and train all assigned personnel. Consult with Human Resources as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain relationships with owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors and suppliers consistent with company values.
- Challenge the team to continuously improve and to find opportunities to add value within the project execution environment.
- Ensure all aspects of construction operations are executed as company policy dictates in regard to cost, quality, safety, schedule, OSHA, and client specifications.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent in Engineering, Business, Business Management, Construction Management or related field) and 10+ years of experience in the MEP construction industry; proven track record and career progression; positive recommendations and references.
- Possess a broad understanding of construction engineering, construction cost estimating and construction management.
- Strong team building skills and ability to motivate and influence others.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective computer skills; Microsoft Office Software, and other company and discipline specific software applications.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written