Our client is an established Real Estate Development Company that has been renovating and developing multi-family properties in the San Francisco Bay Area. They have acquired several development properties totaling over 5,000 units, with multiple new Greenfield and Urban infill High-Rise and Mid-Rise towers, with a projected 7000 + new units over the next few years. They are leading the way with a wealth of experience in multi-family acquisition, development, entitlement, renovation, and property management.
This is an opportunity to be the Vice President of Estimating and Preconstruction for one of the largest and most high-profile developers in California. This individual will be based out of their regional office in San Francisco. This position is responsible for the preparation of cost estimates for various projects and participation and preparation of contractor’s bid packages, bid review, estimate analysis and award discussions.
Must be experienced in conceptual estimating, contractor bidding and contract/change order negotiation.
This position will lead the entire process. As the VP you will be involved in a key role within the Development and Construction team, responsible for multiple construction projects requiring new construction, interior renovations and upgrades.
In addition, you will be oversee general management for the organizational duties related including but not limited to coordination, bidding, budget, contracting, and schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interface internally to obtain input on major decisions regarding development projects
- Coordinate and supervise day-to-day execution throughout project lifecycle, which may include:
o project scheduling,
o obtaining approvals,
o hiring, contracting and supervising contractors and consultants,
o reviewing and providing input for specifications,
o project budgeting and forecasting,
o ensuring projects meet highest quality control and schedules
o project turnover to homeowner's association or operations
- Oversee and monitor construction teams, including architects, engineers, builders, etc.
- Form, staff, and lead the construction team to achieve established project long term and intermediate goals while help creating a culturally thriving and financially successful company.
- Participate in the preparation of preconstruction budgets, value engineering options, and schedules for proposed projects in concert with the Master Plan Vision
- Review and coordinate the maintenance of budgets and payment applications through preconstruction and construction stages including required lender submissions
- Participate in consultant meetings through preconstruction and construction stages
- Monitor projects under construction to ensure adherence to development policies, procedures contract documents and specifications, and any audit requirements
- Anticipate and resolve issues and conflicts that may come up during projects with input from the project team
- Review construction loan draws and monthly project schedules to determine if projects are on schedule and within the approved budget
- Manage and ensure the smooth transition of the product from construction to operations
- Prepare, summarize, and provide updated project information and re-forecasted financial metrics on a periodic and ad hoc basis for inclusion in presentations, investor reports, and other materials
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Building Construction Management, Real Estate, Architecture, Civil Engineer or Business Administration required; Graduate degree in Construction Management, Business Administration, Finance or Real Estate preferred
- 12+ years of directly relevant work experience in construction, real estate and development in the Bay Area (preferred) or other major metropolitan areas
- Background in urban design and planning, site planning, construction oversight and delivery and overall project management of residential and commercial developments through completion.
- Proven leadership skills that cultivate collaboration among the internal and external team members
- Demonstrated record of successful project management in complex situations
- Must be willing to travel
- Experience with local unions and contract negotiations preferred