Position: Director of Medical Laboratory Technician Program
Location: Beaver, WV
Institution: New River Community and Technical College
Specialty: Medical Lab Technology
Rate: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
The Medical Laboratory Technician Program Director is responsible for the organization and administration of the MLT Associate of Applied Science degree program. Responsibilities include development, implementation and evaluation of the program in accordance with published National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) standards. This is a full time, 12-month Term Faculty position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assume responsibility for planning, implementing, evaluating and directing the Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) program.
- Seek recommendations from the Allied Health/Medical Laboratory Technician Advisory Committee for establishing policies for recruitment, selection, admission, progression, dismissal, and counseling of students.
- Establish a system to maintain essential records that will be used to evaluate student progress while the student is enrolled in the program and to follow up on the student after his or her graduation.
- Visit clinical practice areas regularly to evaluate student experience and maintain communications with faculty, administration and staff.
- Establish and maintain the MLT skills practice laboratory.
- Plan and implement an annual budget for the program.
- Make recommendations for faculty appointments.
- Develop and implement student selection and admission policies and procedures.
- Develop short and long-term objectives and strategies to strengthen the program.
- Establish criteria for the on-going evaluation of the curriculum, the clinical facilities and the faculty.
- Develop syllabi and course outlines for teaching medical laboratory sciences.
- Direct and supervise student learning in the classroom and clinical areas.
- Evaluate and record student performance.
- Participate in the counseling and guidance of students related to their course of instruction.
- Perform any and all other duties as assigned.
- Position requires travel between campuses.
- Master’s or doctoral degree in clinical laboratory science required
- Must be clinical laboratory scientist/medical technologist holding a current nationally recognized generalist certification -MT (ASCP) or MLS (ASCP)
- Minimum of 3 years experience in clinical laboratory science education that includes teaching, conducting and managing learning experiences, evaluating student achievement, providing input into curriculum development, policy and procedure formulation, and evaluation of program effectiveness.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) accreditation and re-accreditation standards and policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in laboratory and/or educational program management and administration including budget development, faculty and staff supervision, and coordination of clinical laboratory facilities participating in student laboratory experiences.
- Demonstrate classroom/clinical laboratory teaching experience.
- Demonstrate evidence of continuing education.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate and work effectively with students, peers and the public.
- Commitment to the philosophy and objectives of New River Community and Technical College and the Medical Laboratory Technician program.
- Willingness to assist with college administrative duties as assigned by the Department Chair and the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Willing to work in a culturally diverse setting.
- Be punctual and regular in attendance.
Submit a complete applicant packet:
- A cover letter addressing how the candidate’s experiences match the position requirements,
- Curriculum vitae
Inquiries, nominations, and application materials should be directed to:
Trey Wright, Managing Partner
Higher Education Practice
Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
5851 Legacy Circle, Suite 500
Plano Texas 75024
Phone: 972-265-5338/ Fax: 972-931-9683
Email: [email protected]