Position: Clinical Pharmacy Specialist – Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT)
Location: Rochester, NY
Company: Rochester General Hospital; Rochester Regional Health
Specialty: Pharmacy Services; Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT)
Compensation: Competitive Salary, Benefits and Relocation Assistance
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist – Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) Position Details
Rochester General Hospital (RGH), an affiliate of Rochester Regional Health and one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals, seeks a full-time, advanced-level Clinical Pharmacy Specialist – Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) to join the Department of Pharmacy. The BMT Clinical Pharmacy Specialist is responsible for the provision of departmental and organizational clinical pharmacy services and leadership for the Hematology-Oncology/BMT program. This position reports directly to the RGH Director of Pharmacy for hiring, termination, clinical practice direction, and annual evaluation. The position has additional reporting to the Pharmacy Director of Oncology Services and the BMT Team.
The Health System:
Rochester Regional Health is the region’s second-largest employer and is the leading provider of comprehensive care for Western New York and the Finger Lakes region. From harnessing advanced research and technology, to helping patients redefine the odds—we are leading the evolution of healthcare. It’s a commitment to health that exceeds expectations, reaching beyond the present into what’s next.
Formed in 2014 with the joining of Rochester General and Unity Health systems, now, as one organization, Rochester Regional Health brings to its mission a broad spectrum of resources, an ability to advocate for better care, a commitment to innovation, and an abiding dedication to caring for the community.
Offering comprehensive care from 150 locations, Rochester Regional serves 1.2 million residents across more than 4,000 square miles. Serving the community for more than 160 years as a truly integrated health services organization, our network includes:
- 9 Hospitals; 147 primary care and ambulatory locations; 10 urgent care locations; 8senior living facilities; 936 long-term care beds
- Rochester General Hospital is a 528-bed tertiary care hospital that has been serving the residents of the Rochester Region and beyond since 1847
- 340B, Specialty Pharmacy, EPIC system
- 3 Outpatient Oncology Clinics
- 3 Retail Apothecaries
- Rochester General Medical Group, 48 owned practices
- ElderONE/PACE (Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) and home health programs
- Outpatient and global laboratories – a global leader in patient and clinical trials
- Rehabilitation programs and surgical centers
- Independent and assisted living centers and skilled nursing facilities
Your Role as the BMT Clinical Pharmacy Specialist:
- Medication Management. Provides pharmacotherapy expertise in emergency medication to optimize patient care for transplant/cellular immunotherapy recipients.
- Provide didactic and experiential training for Pharmacy Students, Pharmacy Residents, and other healthcare providers.
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration. Work in collaboration with interdisciplinary teams across the health system.
Education & Experience:
- Graduate from an accredited School of Pharmacy
- State of New York Pharmacist Licensure, or eligibility by contract start date
For confidential consideration, all interested candidates should submit an updated Resume/CV to [email protected] or call (972) 265-5236 to be considered for this leadership opportunity.
Kaye/Bassman Pharmacy has been retained to provide executive search services for Rochester Regional Health. Rochester Regional Health is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.