Job ID: EB-8549768135
Job Title: Benign Hematologist
Location: Irvine, CA
Non-Malignant Hematology Faculty (Assistant Professor or Above)
Division of Hematology/Oncology | Department of Medicine
University of California, Irvine School of Medicine | UCI Health
Orange County, CA
UCI Health is the only university-academic health system in Orange County and is home to renowned healthcare providers, leading-edge medical facilities, and the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center based in Orange County — the UCI Health Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center. Our multifaceted organization is dedicated to the discovery of new medical frontiers, to the teaching of future healers and to the delivery of the finest evidence-based care. The University of California, Irvine (UCI) School of Medicine has been ranked among the 50 best U.S. medical schools for research and is widely regarded as one of California’s leading research institutions.
The Department of Medicine at UCI School of Medicine is a dynamic, multispecialty group of visionary faculty members working at the forefront of medical discovery and education to deliver excellent and comprehensive patient care. It consists of more than 230 highly engaged full-time physicians and researchers, as well as 160 interns, residents, and fellows.
Due to departmental growth and programmatic expansion, the Division of Hematology/Oncology at the UCI School of Medicine’s Department of Medicine is seeking a clinical faculty member specializing in Non-Malignant Hematology at the level of Assistant Professor or above, in the Health Sciences Clinical Series. The position can involve clinical and academic activities at one or more medical facilities, including the new $1.2 billion UCI Medical Center Irvine-Newport complex adjacent to the UCI main campus containing: the new Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center and Ambulatory Care, a 144-bed acute care specialty hospital with an emergency department, and the UCI Health Center for Advanced Care in Irvine.
Faculty members in the UCI Division of Hematology/Oncology are subspecialty-trained, board-certified hematologists and oncologists. We are physicians and scientists committed to improving the condition of patients with cancer and blood disorders through state-of-the-art clinical care, NCI-sponsored clinical trials/research, and education.
- The Division includes over 40 physicians and 12 Nurse Practitioners, with the Division faculty treating diseases that include cancers of every organ system, as well as benign and malignant hematology.
- Research: The Division’s research program has more than $6 million in annual extramural grants. The Division and Cancer Center are active in the Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG).
- Clinical Research: Each clinically active faculty member in the Division is involved with clinical studies that advance the care of patients with cancer and blood disorders.
- Clinical Investigators: The Division has an established revenue stream to assure 40% dedicated effort to clinical trial activities.
- The multi-disciplinary team provides therapies that include surgical oncology, reconstructive surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, molecularly targeted therapies, Mohs micrographic surgery, and various forms of immunotherapy delivered in an efficient patient centric fashion.
- Top Cancer Center: UCI Health is Orange County’s only NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center and UC Irvine Medical Center is one of the Nation’s Best Hospitals for Cancer Treatment, ranked 46th in the most recent U.S. News & World Report rankings.
- Top Hospital: UCI Health is among America’s Best Hospitals for the 22nd consecutive year.
- Recently awarded an Interdisciplinary Training Program in Skin Biology – T32 Training Grant – with 2 pre-doctoral and 1 post-doctoral slots annually.
- Advanced Therapies: FACT accredited Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant and Cellular Therapy (adoptive cellular therapy) program.
- UCI is designated by the Department of Education as a Minority-Serving Institution, both Hispanic Serving Institute (HIS) and an Asian American Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI).
- Philanthropy: UCI Anti-Cancer Challenge raised a record $1M for promising cancer research (in 2022).
UCI is an inspiring place to work; a place where the achievements of our employees have made us an institution with international standing since 1965. Orange County is world renowned for its natural beauty, perfect year-round climate, economically vibrant communities, 42-miles of coastline offer gorgeous waterfront locations and unforgettable views of the Pacific Ocean, and incomparable recreational and cultural opportunities abound.
- Providing and supervising direct patient care in non-malignant hematology diagnosis and treatment.
- Support the Discover mission through the development, conduct, and oversight of clinical/translational studies.
- Teach/mentor medical students, residents, subspecialty fellows, and peers.
- Perform public and University services.
Priority will be given to candidates with a proven track record of academic productivity, as demonstrated through clinical trial activity, publication history, national and/or international prominence within the field, and/or grant funding. Teaching is a critical element for faculty at UCI. Thus, candidates are expected to have demonstrated prowess in this domain (teaching evaluations, curriculum development, professional presentations, etc.).
Professional Qualifications & Requirements:
UCI is especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute through their research, teaching and/or service to the diversity and excellence of the academic community. Upon hire, the Non-Malignant Hematologist must possess:
- M.D. degree or equivalent medical degree.
- Board Certification or eligibility in Internal Medicine, and Board Certification or eligibility in adult Medical Oncology and/or Hematology.
- Active and unrestricted California Medical License or eligibility for State of California Medical Licensure.
- Interest in clinical teaching.
- Research and funding, including NIH and/or other federal grants and a prior record of high impact publications is a plus, but not required.
- Appointment rank will be commensurate with academic accomplishments and experience.
UCI Health strongly encourages applications from all qualified applicants, including women and minorities. UCI offers excellent salary and comprehensive benefits with an incentive plan.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. All inquiries should be sent to Mark: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
Phone: (972) 265-5369 – Direct
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
UCI has partnered with Kaye/Bassman to provide executive search services for UCI Health. UCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence and strongly encourages applications from all qualified applicants, including women and minorities. UCI is responsive to the needs of dual-career couples, is dedicated to work-life balance through an array of family-friendly policies and is the recipient of an NSF Advance Award for gender equity.