Job ID: EB-5808649745
Job Title: Breast Imager
Location: East Lansing, MI
Open Rank Faculty Position, Department of Radiology
Michigan State University (MSU) Colleges of Osteopathic and Human Medicine are particularly interested in individuals with a commitment to inclusive excellence and a history of promoting diversity in their research, teaching, and service. We strongly encourage candidates to apply who can strengthen our culture of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). MSU is one of the top research universities in the world and has one of the biggest, greenest campuses in the nation. The Department of Radiology has established Radiology, Human Anatomy, Precision Health, and Biomedical Imaging programs that provide a broad range of opportunities for clinical practice, teaching, and research. MSU’s health colleges – Osteopathic Medicine, Human Medicine, Nursing, and Veterinary Medicine – collaborate to provide high quality medical care, research, and education.
MSU College of Osteopathic Medicine is recruiting for a full-time Board-certified or Board-eligible Breast/Women’s Imaging Radiologist to join the highly active and expanding department. Subspecialty training experience in Breast/Women’s Imaging or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred. Candidates should have interest in developing a high quality, patient focused practice and commitment to excellence to embrace a peer-learning environment while participating in academic and scholarly work.
Responsibilities of the Breast/Women’s Imaging Radiologist will include interpretation of diagnostic images, performance of interventional procedures on referred patients, collaboration with referring physicians for high quality patient centered care, teaching residents and students in the clinical setting, as well as collaboration with visiting professors. Scholarly work opportunities will be encouraged and supported. This Academic appointment will be with Michigan State University Colleges of Osteopathic and Human Medicine, Department of Radiology.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. As an integral part of the MSU Imaging Services clinics, the MSU Department of Radiology has served the mid-Michigan community since 1975, performing a variety of diagnostic radiology services. Our dedicated team of health care professionals has pioneered research and clinical applications in radiology and established a world-class reputation for excellence in quality patient care and academic achievement.
The open rank faculty position will be full time with primary effort to support clinical services and time allowed for academic, scholarly, and administrative efforts. Competitive salary and benefits package options are available.
- MSU Health Care and McLaren Partnership: A new state-of-the-art Breast Imaging Center, operational since March 1, 2022, has a full suite of imaging capabilities featuring the latest Hologic technology and equipment. Connected to the new McLaren Greater Lansing Hospital, the Outpatient Care Center brings a comprehensive approach to diagnosing breast cancer and streamlining treatment pathways.
- MSU has been awarded a $6.7 million NIH-CO6 grant from the National Institutes of Health (NIH-CO6).
- The only University in the U.S. graduating MD and DO physicians, doctorate-level nurses, physician assistants, and veterinarians.
- Member of the prestigious Association of the American Universities (AAU).
- Ranked Top 10 nationally by U.S. News & World Report for learning communities, study abroad, and service-learning offerings.
- Ranked among 100 Best Global Universities by Times Higher Education’s World University Rankings 2022.
- Ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2021.
- Named a gold-status veteran-friendly school by the Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency six years in a row.
- Close to three of the Great Lakes: Lake Michigan, Lake Huron, and Lake Erie are all nearby.
- City proximity: Lansing is an hour’s drive from both Grand Rapids and Detroit for convenient day trips.
- Voted 1 Best Affordable Place to Live by Livability.com.
- Ranked 50 out of Top 150 Places to Live.
- Newsweek Ranks East Lansing and Okemos High Schools Among the Best in the Nation.
- Voted 14th Most Educated City in America by Wallethub.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please inquire with an updated copy of your CV and a letter of interest. All inquiries and expressions of interest should be submitted to Julie Miller: email@example.com
Managing Partner – Academic Radiology
Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
Phone: (972) 265-5236 – Direct
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
Compensation + Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. In addition, the department supports Continued Medical Education, with both funding and time allocations, and MSU provides a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees. It includes medical, dental, life insurance, and disability insurance coverage, along with retirement plan options, flexible spending accounts, tuition scholarships, and generous provisions for family and medical leave, personal leave, and other types of paid and unpaid leave.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
MSU is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status. MSU is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. MSU is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The University actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans and persons with disabilities. MSU seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning. The Radiology Department is particularly interested in individuals with a history of promoting diversity in their research, teaching, and service.
MSU has retained Kaye/Bassman to provide executive search services for the Department of Radiology in East Lansing, MI.