Job ID: EB-1032913134
Job Title: COO
Location: Boulder County, CO
Chief Operating Officer (COO)
The Eye Care Center of Northern Colorado
Longmont, Colorado (Boulder County)
The Eye Care Center of Northern Colorado (ECCNC) is Colorado’s most advanced facility for eye health, surgery, and vision correction. The Eye Care Center of Northern Colorado has invested significantly in the latest and most advanced eye care technologies to bring state-of-the-art eye surgery procedures to patients throughout the Colorado Front Range, including Longmont, Lafayette, Boulder, and Greeley.
To continue this trajectory, the Eye Care Center of Northern Colorado, in conjunction with its Board of Directors, seek a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to oversee the day-to-day operations of a multi-subspecialty 14-physician ophthalmology/optometric practice with an optical department and an ambulatory surgery center in Longmont, CO. This is a rare opportunity for a strategic healthcare executive and “team-player” who shares our core values of excellence in clinical and surgical care and a highly ethical “patient first” approach. The COO will implement, support, and maintain the mission/philosophy of the Eye Care Center of Northern Colorado.
Rankings + Achievements:
- Voted the BEST in Boulder County by Times-Call Readers’ Choice Awards
- Voted BEST Eye Care and Best Medical Facility in the Times Call Readers’ Choice Awards
- Voted BEST Lasik/Laser Eye Facility/Lasik Surgeon in Boulder County Gold
- Voted BEST Eye Care in East Boulder County Gold, 2022
- Specialization: Fellowship-trained specialists in retina, cornea, glaucoma, and oculo-facial plastics treat any ocular condition, no matter how specialized. ECCNC physicians also provide comprehensive eye exams, contact lens fitting, and aesthetics services.
- Full Range of Eye Care Services: From family eye exams to complex surgical procedures, ECCNC offers the most sophisticated and comprehensive eye care treatments in diverse, patient care settings.
- We have been serving the Front Range and Northern Colorado for over 25 years.
- Where You’ll Work: ECCNC is a physician-owned, busy, well-respected, multi-specialty referral practice in beautiful Boulder County at the base of the Rocky Mountains. Our primary office has an adjacent state-of-the-art ASC for laser and surgical procedures.
- Clinical Trials at the Advanced Vision Research Institute; led by ECCNC practitioners.
- Experience a positive team environment and robust benefits package including paid holidays, PTO, 401K, group medical, dental, vision, and short & long-term, disability insurance.
- Live in a Destination City: Snuggled along the Rockies, Boulder County is where your next adventure begins. From our rich history to outdoor recreation, cultural & artistic attractions, and a Colorado’s best craft culture and sustainable dining scene, Longmont offers a wide range of award-winning experiences for the whole family to enjoy. Longmont is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts due to its easy access to the Rocky Mountains and pristine lakes. You’ll enjoy being in proximity to all that Northern Colorado has to offer: Longmont is conveniently located 37 miles from Denver, 16 miles from Boulder, and 30 miles from Rocky Mountain National Park.
The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker, solutions-based decision maker, and visionary leader with the transparency, confidence, integrity, knowledge, and cultural sensitivity to inspire, develop, and deliver value at the highest levels to key stakeholders.
Reporting Relationships: The Chief Operating Officer (COO) reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Board of Directors at the Eye Care Center of Northern Colorado’s (ECCNC) primary office in Longmont, CO.
The Chief Operating Officer will oversee department heads on day-to-day operations including:
- Administrative and Clinical
- Business office/front desk
- Clinical Operations
- Aesthetics Department
- Lasik & Refractive Surgery Department
- Advanced Vision, Research Institute
- Advanced Vision Surgery Center (AVSC)
- Work closely with the Director of Nursing at Advanced Vision Surgery Center to ensure smooth operations at the practice-owned surgery center.
Required Professional Qualifications/Experience
The Chief Operating Officer must possess:
- Business degree or other undergraduate degree with experience in health care operations.
- Master’s degree in Healthcare Administration or Business is preferred (equivalent work experience may be substituted for educational requirements).
- A minimum five (5) years of health care operations experience in an ophthalmology practice setting is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with a large practice of doctors in an administrative or management role.
- Experience with electronic medical record (EHR) and practice management systems.
For more information about this opportunity or to refer a qualified candidate, all expressions of interest (including a Resume/CV and a cover letter) must be submitted to Ann Trotter: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
Phone: (972) 265-5251 – Direct
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
The Eye Care Center of Northern Colorado has partnered with Kaye/Bassman to fill this position for the ECCNC. ECCNC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors. We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans).