Director of Construction
Job ID: 1831
Job Title: Director of Construction
Location: Dallas, TX
Kaye/Bassman has been engaged to find a Director of Construction for a leading multifamily developer. The position will report to the Executive Development Team and will be an integral part of that team and its growth. The applicant must be a team-oriented, proactive, self-starter with eagerness to learn and grow, and have a passion to contribute. The candidate will play a key role in large development projects, in particular the development and construction oversight portions of the business, but with regular interaction and collaboration with all divisions of the organization. Responsibilities include participating in the oversight, direction, management and execution of the company’s development projects.
Education and Experience:
- 8+ years in multi-family, construction, development or related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, construction management, building science or architecture preferred.
- Demonstrable series of accomplishments indicating increased responsibility and performance in a broad array of development or construction experience including permitting, design and construction.
- Understanding of the real estate, development and construction industry.
- Effective organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Highly effective communication and collaboration skills are essential – robust interpersonal skills, social intelligence and political acumen.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and to push need-to-know information upstream as warranted.
- Leadership and the ability to mentor and extract the highest potential from supporting personnel, consultants, and outside vendors.
- Some travel will be required.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Project, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to review project design documents, identify issues and coordinate corrections, before they become field issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guide multiple projects and multiple teams (including using related and unrelated contractors) in each phase of development including pre-construction, regulatory approval processes, construction, closeout and post construction services.
- Proactively visualize, define and implement project specific strategies to meet and deliver project objectives.
- Coordination with other development team members in the execution and oversight of GCs from start to finish including responsibility for budget, scheduling, quality assurance (in conjunction with peer VP, Quality Assurance), to ensure compliance with the plans, specifications, and relevant building codes.
- Will collaborate with other development team members in coordinating geotechnical engineer, land-planner, civil engineer, landscape architect, architect, MEP engineers, structural engineer, interior designer, environmental consultants, plan review, utility design, utility approvals in order to ultimately deliver each phase of the project(s), insuring an on-time, on-budget construction completion.
- Oversees the preparation of weekly and monthly reports on project progress, budget, and scheduling. Monitor and assure timely completion of the development within the established budget, schedule and required investment returns.
- Lead the negotiation and writing of owner contract agreement and consultant agreements.
- Assist with monthly invoice approvals.
- Lead negotiation of change order requests.
- Oversee required documentation for invoices and monthly draw requests.
- Assist in RFI process.
- Provide recommendations and oversight of implementation for value engineering of all development projects to the development leadership. Such consultation will include materials, technology and equipment selections.
- Oversee design document coordination.
- Consult with and collaborate with asset management and operations to identify opportunities to improve future developments in the areas of management, design, construction, and the transfer of the asset to portfolio status or sale at completion.
Please click on Apply Online button or send resume to Jeff Wittenberg, Managing Director & Practice Leader, (972) 265-5247, firstname.lastname@example.org.