Job ID: EB-1816888863
Job Title: Emergency Radiology
Location: Los Angeles, CA
The Department of Radiology at Keck School of Medicine of USC is recruiting for a leader in Emergency Radiology and additional faculty members subspecialty trained in Emergency Radiology for the Acute Care Imaging Section. The successful candidate will be appointed to a faculty rank that reflects their experience/qualifications. Applicants must be ABR board-certified or eligible, and fellowship-trained or equivalent for this full-time position which requires an unrestricted California medical license.
USC Radiology provides exceptional patient care, performs innovative, ground-breaking research, and educates the next generation of leaders in medical imaging and intervention. The Tripartite pillars of the USC Radiology mission are grounded in our core values: Collaboration, Equity, and Compassion.
Situated near downtown, the Los Angeles County + USC Medical Center is the largest and busiest trauma center in Southern California, and home to one of the premier Emergency Medicine departments in the country. The successful candidate will be part of a dedicated team of faculty and trainees who will provide comprehensive acute care imaging services at LAC+USC, as well as potentially across a system-wide imaging service line. Compensation is commensurate with the scope of practice and comparable to local national institutions. An innovative approach to work shifts will allow for greater overlap and manageable volumes, with additional mechanisms for support in place including remote work.
There are extensive opportunities for research and other scholarly activities, both within the department and in collaboration with other departments – creating a continuous loop of care.
The open rank radiology faculty position will be full time with primary effort to support clinical services and time allowed for academic, scholarly, and administrative efforts. A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package will be offered.
- USC Radiology: Performs cutting-edge studies in all modalities of diagnostic and interventional imaging. Full spectrum of clinical services and programs, including 4 Toshiba 64 slice CT scanners, 3 1.5T GE MRI scanners, 16 Siemens/Acuson US scanners, Phillips PET CT scanner, 3 Siemens Angio machines (1 biplane, 2 single planes), nuclear medicine scanners and mammographic units at LAC+USC. Opportunities to advance your career through education and training.
- Emergency Radiology Section is comprised of 9 FTE’s who participate in the following committees: Trauma M&M, Trauma QA, and Emergency Medicine Grand Rounds.
- Work Schedule: The position is based at LAC+USC Medical Center. There is potential for remote work. 80% Clinical; 20% Teaching/Research. The department provides time for travel for scholarly activities. The clinical schedule includes 1 week on with 2 weeks off.
- Patient Caseload: USC Radiology sees 650,000 exams per year. Supported by EHR System (Cerner/Orchid)
- Tremendous growth and significant investment in facilities and advanced technology.
- World-Class Research: USC has nearly $900 million in annual research expenditures, and is ranked No. 2 in NIH funds received per principal investigator. A rigorous and comprehensive research portfolio spans clinical, basic, translational, and population research. Utilizes multidisciplinary collaborations to provide health solutions for local and international communities.
- Multidisciplinary Collaborations: Both clinically and academically, USC Radiology works collaboratively with the department of Emergency Medicine, as well as internally with all other modalities within radiology. As an effective member of USC Emergency Radiology section, you will be able to utilize and foster relationships with expert peers in other subspecialties.
- Join the largest private employer in Los Angeles where you’ll be a part of a world-class research university that’s rich with the latest medical resources and a vision of becoming the most influential health system in Southern California and the Pacific Rim.
For immediate and confidential consideration, all inquiries and expressions of interest (including a CV and letter of interest) should be submitted to Julie Miller: email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
Managing Partner – Academic Radiology
Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
Phone: (972) 265-5236 – Direct | Email: email@example.com
Compensation + Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. In addition, the department supports an Educational Benefit Plan, with both funding and time allocations, and USC provides a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees. It includes medical, dental, life insurance, and disability insurance coverage, along with retirement plan options, flexible spending accounts, tuition scholarships, and generous provisions for family and medical leave, personal leave, and other types of paid and unpaid leave.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
USC is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status. USC is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. USC actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans and persons with disabilities.
USC has retained Kaye/Bassman to fill this position for the USC Department of Radiology.