EVC Clinical Affairs-Emergency Medicine
Job ID: EB-6728516504
Job Title: EVC Clinical Affairs-Emergency Medicine
Location: Gainesville, FL
Department of Emergency Medicine
University of Florida-Gainesville
- The UF Health Shands Emergency Department is a tertiary care center that serves patients from four states across the southeastern United States and has EMS medical direction in 13 Florida counties.
- UF Health adult emergency department has the second highest patient acuity in the country.
- Patient Caseload: Annual department census across all sites is approximately 135,000 with approximately 33,000 admissions per year.
- This Level 1 Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, ABA Verified Burn Center, and Accredited Chest Pain Center provides the highest level of care to a diverse patient population.
- Pediatric Emergency Care is provided at UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital, the 1 rated children’s hospital in Florida and one of the Top 5 in the SE U.S. according to U.S. News & World Report. The hospital is also one of three Level 3 NICUs in the state and provides complex cardiac, pulmonary, and transplant care.
- The department also leads two (2) freestanding emergency departments, allowing the team to extend a high level of emergency care throughout the community.
- Individual faculty engage in federally funded research studies and hold leadership positions within the UFCOM.
- Clinical and basic science research cover a diverse portfolio of topics, including critical care and resuscitative medicine; clinical biomarkers; neurological emergencies; healthcare disparities; patient safety; medical education; simulation, and global health.
- Training: Residents, fellows, and students are specialty trained across all clinical sites.
- Extremely competitive salary and full range of UF state benefits, including Sovereign immunity-type medical malpractice; health; life and disability insurance; paid sick leave; and a generous retirement package.
- MD or DO, MD /Ph.D. or equivalent degree required.
- Board Certification in Emergency Medicine and/or Pediatric Emergency Medicine with ongoing clinical activity. All physicians must be ABEM/ABOEM Board Certified/Board-Eligible.
- Prefer 10+ years’ experience in operations leadership with MBA or similar, experience leading EM in a complex multihospital system, experience in an academic setting, able to join as an associate at minimum.
- Possess a demonstrated commitment to innovation and academic pursuits; and will have the leadership skills necessary for guiding faculty development and advancement across research, clinical, and academic missions.
- Eligible for unrestricted medical licensure in Florida State prior to the start of appointment.
- Have leadership experience and be willing to further develop one’s leadership abilities.
- Experience managing and supporting physicians and staff.
- A combination of education, training, certification, and experience will be evaluated on an individual basis for comparability to the minimum education and experience requirements.
Managing Director & Sr. Practice Leader
Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
Phone: (972) 265-5245 – Direct
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com Compensation + Benefits:
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge, experience, education, and credentials. The University of Florida offers competitive pay and a full benefits package that includes 401(k), Health, Dental and Vision insurance, paid vacation, sick, and holidays.