Faculty – Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM)
Job ID: EB-1005425929
Job Title: Faculty – Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM)
Location: Billings, MT
Clinical Sciences Faculty – Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine Physician
Join the Faculty at Montana’s first four-year medical school – the Montana College of Osteopathic Medicine
A unique opportunity to help establish the Montana College of Osteopathic Medicine (MCOM), a branch campus of Rocky Vista University (RVU) located in Billings, MT. Growing Montana’s healthcare workforce at the physician level, with a focus on primary care and rural medicine, is essential to meeting Montana’s healthcare delivery needs.
The Billings campus will become the third RVU campus in the Mountain West Region and Montana’s first four-year medical school: The Montana College of Osteopathic Medicine.
To help meet Montana’s healthcare delivery needs, RVU Montana College of Osteopathic Medicine seeks a physician educator to serve as a full-time Clinical Sciences Faculty member in Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM). This position is part of the newly established Department of Clinical Sciences at MCOM. The OMM Faculty member will be an academic innovator with a passion and expertise in teaching and/or treating patients with osteopathic manipulation.
When completed — the 12.8-acre site for the first medical school in the state of Montana — the Billings RVU-MCOM campus will house a 138,000 square foot technologically advanced campus, complete with a full simulation lab, student medical library, expansive lecture hall, and plenty of light and green space to fully enjoy the big sky of Montana. The construction of the new Montana College of Osteopathic Medicine was completed in December 2022, and an official ribbon-cutting is set for July of 2023. The College’s inaugural class of 80 students will be matriculated in the summer of 2023 and prepared to begin clinical rotations in July of 2025.
- RVU-MCOM is looking to hire 2 OMM Faculty members with start date of May 2023.
- Under the direction of the Chair, Department of Clinical Sciences, the Clinical Sciences Faculty – Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine Physician will participate in teaching, service, and scholarly activities at the RVU campus in Billings, Montana.
- Teaching responsibilities will include – teaching foundational clinical and surgical knowledge, skills, reasoning, and attitudes to students throughout the MCOM curriculum, with an emphasis in osteopathic principles and practices.
- Exceptional Clinical Training: As a well-established health sciences university, RVU has an overall 99.3% residency placement rate. An ONMM3 Residency program offered since 2017.
- Highly Specialized Curriculum: Curriculum offers specialized tracks in Rural & Wilderness, Global Medicine, and Military Medicine. Recently added tracks in Academic Medicine & Leadership, Long-term Care, and Physician-Scientist for students with a strong interest in research.
- Fully Accredited: RVU is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA), Higher Learning Commission, Accreditation Review Commission for the Physician Assistant, and the American College of Surgeons (ACS).
- State-of-the-art Facilities: RVU’s Surgical Simulation Center is accredited by the ACS — the only osteopathic medical school and one of only two medical schools in the Mountain West Region to receive this distinction.
- Scholarship: RVU has among the highest percentage of students on a military scholarship of any civilian medical school in the country.
- Local Economic Benefit: The economic impact is expected to total $78.6M, provide 350 jobs, and add more than $1.2M in taxes to communities in the region.
- World-class providers are committed to supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion in our student population.
- Experience a close knit, supportive environment that fosters camaraderie, excellence, and well-being.
- Live in a vibrant location – Enjoy a big-city lifestyle with the ambiance of a small town surrounded by incredible natural landscapes, fed by the legendary Yellowstone River. Billings is a growing town with ever-expanding opportunities. Affordable Cost of Living; High Quality of Work/Life Balance.
- Commitment to a high standard of integrity and professionalism.
- Commitment to RVU’s mission, vision, and values, which are service, integrity, diversity, excellence, compassion, innovation, and collegiality.
- Knowledge and skill in curriculum design and implementation.
- Knowledge and skill in the delivery of medical education.
- Competence in the use of electronic health records, learning management systems, Microsoft Office, Zoom, and other technology and programs necessary for the delivery of medical education at MCOM.
- Clinical proficiency in area of specialization.
- Terminal medical degree (DO or MD) or Doctor of Chiropractic degree (DC) with willingness to learn and teach osteopathic manipulation.
- Able to obtain medical licensure in Montana.
- Good standing with all relevant regulatory and governmental boards and agencies.
- Good standing with all relevant professional organizations.
- Eligible for coverage by the University’s malpractice insurer.
- Board certification in applicable specialty.
- Prior clinical use of osteopathic manipulation.
- Teaching experience in a doctoral or graduate medical education program.
- Leadership or administrative experience in a clinical or educational setting.
- Prior scholarly activity (i.e., research, authorship, professional presentations).
Managing Director & Sr. Practice Leader
Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
Phone: (972) 265-5245 – Direct
Salary and Benefits:
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge, experience, education, and credentials. RVU offers competitive pay and a full benefits package that includes 401(k), Health, Dental and Vision insurance, paid vacation, sick and holidays. RVU offers a full benefits package that includes Health, Dental and Vision insurance, along with 2 weeks accrued paid vacation days per year, 12 accrued sick days per year, personal days, 13 ½ paid holidays, and 401(K) match up to 7% based on employee’s contribution. A hybrid work model with remote flexibility is also available for eligible positions.
RVU has partnered with Kaye/Bassman to fill this position for the Montana College of Osteopathic Medicine. RVU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. RVU is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.