Job ID: EB-2031232046
Job Title: Pediatric Radiology Faculty
Location: Hershey, PA
Pediatric Radiology – Faculty (Open to All Levels of Seniority)
Penn State Health Department of Radiology
Penn State Health is particularly interested in individuals with a commitment to inclusive excellence and a history of promoting diversity in their research, teaching, and service. We strongly encourage candidates to apply who can strengthen our culture of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). Penn State Hershey Milton S. Medical Center is one of the top hospitals in the nation in 2022-2023, and is ranked as No. 1 in the Harrisburg metro region and No. 5 in Pennsylvania by U.S. News & World Report.
The Department of Radiology at the Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine is actively recruiting a full-time subspecialty trained Pediatric Radiologist to join the Pediatric Imaging Division. We are an active tertiary care academic practice with (4) fellowship-trained, CAQ-certified faculty members, and are looking for a fifth.
The successful candidate should have broad expertise in interpretation of pediatric diagnostic studies utilizing CT, MRI, ultrasound, and fluoroscopy. The Pediatric Radiologist will participate in evenly distributed call and evening shift responsibilities. A passion for teaching is essential as the education of our medical students, residents, fellows, and staff is a core value of our academic mission. There is opportunity for development of innovative interdisciplinary clinical research through collaboration with the recently established Division of Radiology Innovation and Value Enhancement (DRIVE) dedicated to outcomes research in imaging, procedures, and diagnostic pathways. This Division is staffed with (3) full-time data analysts and provides advanced data mining and analysis support for healthcare innovation and investigator-initiated research projects.
As a leading Level 1 pediatric trauma center, we serve dedicated multidisciplinary teams, among them a busy pediatric Hematology Oncology program (4 Diamonds), excellent (U.S. News & World Report ranked) pediatric cardiothoracic surgery program, Level IV NICU, and a 4-person (and growing) group of pediatric surgeons.
The Department of Radiology has state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging and interventional equipment including (4) 128 slice Siemens Flash CT scanners with CT fluoro capability, (4) Siemens 3.0 T clinical MRI scanners, and an additional 3T Prisma 3.0 T MRI unit housed in the MRI Core facility that is used for clinical research.
What We’re Offering:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Work with highly qualified, friendly colleagues in a supportive academic health network
- Attractive area to live, work, and play
- Interaction with dedicated clinicians in a collegial and collaborative environment that’s fully supported by Division Chief of Pediatric Radiology, Sosamma T. Methratta
What We’re Seeking:
- Medical degree – M.D., D.O., or foreign equivalent
- Completion of an accredited residency program
- Subspecialty fellowship training in Pediatric Imaging or equivalent experience
- Eligibility to be Licensed for the practice of medicine in the State of Pennsylvania
- Board certification/eligibility in Radiology
- CAQ certification/eligibility in Pediatric Radiology.
What the Area Offers:
- Welcoming family-oriented lifestyle with a multitude of outdoor activities year-round
- Strong sense of community rich in theater, arts, and culture
- Affordable cost of living – both suburban and urban neighborhoods. Easy Commute
- Excellent schools
- Proximity to Philadelphia, Baltimore/Washington, D.C., New York City, and the New Jersey shore.
- Located in the heart of The Sweetest Place on Earth, Penn State Health’s flagship 628-bed medical center, Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, is central Pennsylvania’s only locally based academic medical center and is the only medical facility in Pennsylvania to be accredited as a Level 1 trauma center for both children and adults.
All inquiries and expressions of interest (including an updated copy of your CV) should be submitted to Julie Miller: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
Managing Partner – Academic Radiology
Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
Phone: (972) 265-5236 – Direct
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
Compensation + Benefits:
In addition to a rewarding career, we also offer great benefits including but not limited to:
- Paid Time Off and Personal Time
- Medical Benefits (No waiting period)
- Dental and Vision Benefits
- Penn State University Tuition Assistance (Full-Time Employees)
- Elder Care/Child Care Resources
- Life Insurance
- Company Sponsored 401K
- Paid Parental Leave
- Relocation Bonus for those who qualify