Residency Program Director - Internal Medicine
Job ID: EB-7685662764
Job Title: Residency Program Director – Internal Medicine
Location: Fort Worth or Paris, TX
Community Hospital Internal Medicine Program Seeking Founding Residency Program Director
Paris Regional Medical Center | University of North Texas Health Science Center-Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine
Paris Regional Medical Center and its ACGME Sponsoring Institution, University of North Texas Health Science Center-Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC-TCOM), seek an Internal Medicine Residency Program Director to help guide the development and shape the future direction of this vital residency program based in Paris, Texas. Our inaugural class (12-10-10) is set to begin in July of 2024. This opportunity is perfect for a leader who is interested in building an Internal Medicine residency program that will become a legacy for this North Texas medical community. Clinically, this leadership position would support a half-time hospital-based or clinic-based practice. Hybrid Model available.
Requirements: MD/DO, Texas Medical License or Eligible for Texas License, completion of an Internal Medicine Residency program with 3 years of clinical experience in academic medicine teaching or leadership post residency.
Competitive base compensation, benefits package with vacation, CME, and retirement contribution.
- Catchment Population: The service area for PRMC includes a well-established patient population; Paris has a population of 25,171, county of 49,728 (Lamar), and a referral area of almost 250,000.
- Proximity to Major Cities: Texarkana, TX (94 miles); Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex (110 miles); Shreveport, LA (156 miles); and Oklahoma City, OK (220 miles). Reasonable geographic proximity (~137 miles between TCOM and PRMC makes this GME program an attractive benefit available to residents).
- Telemedicine and online education resources and technologies are used to supplement local resources. Hybrid teaching model available.
- A multifaceted, interdisciplinary team of healthcare providers and researchers committed to providing excellence in clinical care, education, and research.
- Live in a Top-Rated City: Named “Best Small Town in Texas,” Paris, TX serves as the healthcare and retail hub for the region. Paris is rich in culture and an ideal place to raise a family: Low cost of living, affordable housing, low crime rate, excellent school systems all surrounded by vintage homes, unique architecture, and picturesque lakes and parks. Plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation like boating, fishing, golfing, as well as historical attractions, cultural experiences, and educational resources.
- PRMC celebrates diversity on its medically advanced campus and provides a fully supportive environment.
- Paris Regional Medical Center (PRMC), a nationally recognized and fully accredited community-based hospital located in Paris, Texas, is a 154-bed, general acute-care facility that has been serving northeast Texas and southeast Oklahoma for 111 years. With cutting-edge equipment, robust service lines, and a staff of 850+, PRMC serves as the most complex hospital within a 70-mile radius of its facility. PRMC is a designated Level III trauma facility, Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI, Advanced Primary Stroke Care certified, and PRMC’s orthopedic outcomes are in the top 5% in the nation. PRMC is proud to be Making Communities Healthier® providing quality healthcare close to home.
Elaine Auerbach, MBA, MPH
Managing Partner/Practice Leader
Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
Phone: (972) 265-5259 – Direct
Email: email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
Paris Regional Medical Center does not discriminate in any way to deprive any person of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect the status of any employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or military or uniformed services, in accordance with all applicable governmental laws and regulations. In addition, the facility complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.