Residency Program Director, Psychiatry - GME
Job ID: EB-1482056030
Job Title: Residency Program Director, Psychiatry – GME
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Psychiatry Residency Program Director – Parkview Health Office of GME
Great opportunity for a motivated professional (current PDs/APDs/Core Faculty) focused on building a premier GME Psychiatry program with Indiana’s nationally ranked community-based health system
Parkview Health is currently recruiting for an experienced clinician and committed leader to develop and lead a new Psychiatry Residency Program (4 residents per year) as the Program Director within the largest health system in northeast Indiana and northwest Ohio. As the sponsoring institution, the Parkview Health Office of GME will ensure that all graduate medical education programs meet or exceed the requirements promulgated by the ACGME. Fort Wayne, Indiana is the region’s hub and consistently ranks as one of the best places to live in the United States.
- The Parkview Behavioral Health Institute, a 107-bed acute care facility providing comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services to patients of all ages, is Northeast Indiana’s Only Inpatient Mental Health Services for Children & Adolescents.
- New, $12 million hospital addition dedicated to GME activities and advancement
- Indiana is ranked as one of the nation’s Top Physician Friendly States with low-cost malpractice coverage, low managed care, simple licensing process, etc.
- Dedicated financial support from the Office of GME; you will NOT be restricted by a lack of resources
- Current ACGME-accredited specialty programs in OB/GYN, IM, GS, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, and Transitional Year
- Launching additional GME programs in Family Medicine and Psychiatry (Program Director positions available – now accepting applications)
- A new state-of-the-art academic center, wellness studio, and continuity clinic
- A collegial environment in which physicians practice as a team and genuinely enjoy collaboration
- Culture-driven curriculum and a forward-thinking mentality focused on the future of medicine
- Fully integrated EMR for outpatient and inpatient encounters (over 3 million patient encounters)
- A socioeconomic- and disease-diverse patient population (890,000 service area population)
- Access to the latest technologies and a variety of simulation experiences to further enhance career development
- The opportunity to shape clinical research studies at the Parkview Mirro Center for Research and Innovation
- Parkview Health is named one of the Top 15 Health Systems in the Nation by IBM Watson Health™.
The successful candidate for this unique leadership opportunity will contribute to the application for ACGME accreditation of a new, fully sponsored Psychiatry Residency program located in Fort Wayne, IN. Backed by strong leadership and Board support, Parkview Health has invested significant resources towards the development of more than 10 GME programs during the next five to seven years, creating both economic and health benefits for the region.
The founding Psychiatry Residency Program Director will be a BC/BE physician who is well seasoned clinically but who also has the academic background necessary in Psychiatry to help create and to achieve the goals and objectives of the Psychiatry Residency program at Parkview Health.
- Board Certification by the American Board of Psychiatry or hold credentials deemed equivalent to Certification by the ACGME’s Psychiatry RRC.
- Eligible for unrestricted medical licensure in the State of Indiana prior to the start of appointment.
Why Choose Parkview Health?
- Proudly committed to bringing the highest quality of care to northeast Indiana and northwest Ohio
- Region’s largest employer with over 14,000 employees
- Health system is comprised of more than900 employed physicians and advanced practice providers in more than 45 specialties in over 300 locations, including 11 hospitals and 100 physician group offices across 16 counties
- Named one of the nation’s top employers by Forbes
- Parkview Health named Most Wired® for sixth consecutive year
- Parkview Health has been named Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare
- Multiple Parkview hospitals included in 100 Top Hospitals® list, also earn Everest Award
- Received national recognition from The Leapfrog Group for straight “A’s” in patient safety
- Magnet status
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Certified Level II Adult and Pediatric Trauma Centers
- Accredited Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Parkview has the region’s only CyberKnife® System
- Discover Fort Wayne: Easy access to Chicago, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, and Detroit! As Indiana’s second-largest city, Fort Wayne is a rapidly growing community that embodies big-city appeal and small-town charm. It also boasts some of the nation’s lowest cost of living, quaint neighborhoods, excellent school systems, and an active trail system.
For immediate and confidential consideration, all expressions of interest (including a CV and a letter of interest) should be submitted to Kurt Voelker: email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sr. Search Consultant – Academic Psychiatry
Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
Phone: (972) 265-5306 – Direct | Email: email@example.com
Parkview Health has partnered with Kaye/Bassman to fill this position for the Parkview Health Office of GME. Parkview Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Salary + Benefits:
Salary and academic rank for this position will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and academic background.
Parkview Health excellent benefit package includes:
- Highly competitive salaries plus annual incentive compensation opportunity
- Commencement bonus
- Paid relocation
- Student loan assistance
- Retirement contribution plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Medical, dental, vision & life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- And many other non-traditional benefits.