Rheumatology - Clinical Assistant Professor
Job ID: EB-1394949363
Job Title: Rheumatology – Clinical Assistant Professor
Location: Syracuse, NY
SUNY Upstate Medical University (Upstate) – the region’s largest employer and only academic medical center in Central New York – seeks a diverse pool of nominees and applicants for the position of Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Department of Medicine in Syracuse, NY. Salary, rank, and tenure consideration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology at SUNY Upstate is a modern division that serves the needs of the community through state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment of arthritis and related diseases of the joints, muscles, and skin. Additionally, the division provides diagnostic and therapeutic joint injections and infusion services, and diagnoses and treats systemic inflammatory and autoimmune diseases.
The Department of Medicine, in conjunction with the Division of Rheumatology, embraces a tripartite role in clinical service, research, and education. The outstanding faculty members who have been and will be recruited will have protected academic time to further this mission. The Rheumatologist Faculty is responsible for providing faculty supervision and teaching to fellows in the outpatient and inpatient settings, as well as serving as a mentor to fellows in their clinical and scholarly activity. The Rheumatologist will also provide the diagnosis and treatment of patients with a whole range of rheumatologic diseases.
Qualified candidates must hold a MD or DO, or equivalent degree and should qualify for faculty appointment as Clinical Assistant Professor rank. Candidates should be an active clinician with an interest in research and strong rheumatological expertise. Candidates must have the demonstrated ability to foster strong collaborations among investigators within the division/department, Upstate Medical University, the campus community, and Central New York.
SUNY Upstate Medical University is an EOE. Minorities/Women/Individuals with disabilities/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply. SUNY Upstate seeks candidates who embrace and reflect diversity in the broadest sense.
- Live the New York State Lifestyle Without the High-Cost Living! Highly Visible and Accessible Suburban Location with a Well-Established, Socio-economically Diverse Patient Population. Easy access to New York City, Boston, Toronto, and Philadelphia!
- SUNY Upstate College of Medicine has been educating students to become doctors for almost 175 years.
- Upstate is ranked by Forbes as one of America’s Best Large Employers.
- The Upstate University Health System serves 1.8 million people, often the most seriously ill and injured, and includes Upstate University Hospital; Upstate University Hospital at Community Campus; Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital (Pediatric Urgent Care, Community Campus); and numerous satellite sites.
- Excellent Total compensation and benefit package options that provide security for you and your family.
Community Highlights: Live in a Top-Rated Region!
The campus location in Central New York and the Northeast offers a virtually limitless supply of multicultural experiences, nationally acclaimed sporting events, and a vast array of shopping and year-round recreational opportunities. Central New York is a beautiful, friendly, and very affordable place to live.
- National Geographic’s Green Guide named Syracuse “One of America’s Top 20 Green Cities”.
- Forbes named Syracuse “One of America’s Best Places for Business”.
- American Planning Association named SUNY Upstate’s University Hill one of America’s Top 10 Neighborhoods.
- CNN’s Money magazine named Syracuse the No. 8 city in the nation with the most affordable real estate market.
- Syracuse ranked No. 4 in the Forbes listing of the Top 10 cities to raise a family.
- U.S. News & World Report named Syracuse one of the Top 10 ‘Winter Wonderlands’ for retirement.
For immediate and confidential consideration, all inquiries and expressions of interest, (including a cover letter and CV) should be submitted to Elaine Auerbach: email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
Elaine Auerbach, MBA, MPH
Managing Partner & Practice Leader
Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
Phone: (972) 265-5259 – Direct
E-mail: email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org