Job ID: EB-2361077118
Job Title: Body Imaging
Location: Mobile, AL
USA Health is Transforming Medicine™ along the Gulf Coast to care for the unique needs of our community. A part of the University of South Alabama (USA), USA Health has a broad reach extending from Alabama to Mississippi to Northwest Florida. Beginning with the founding of the USA College of Medicine in 1973, USA Health stands as the only academic health system along the upper Gulf Coast, offering the region’s most advanced medicine. USA Health is particularly interested in individuals with a commitment to inclusive excellence and a history of promoting diversity in their teaching and service.
The Department of Radiology at the University of South Alabama is currently recruiting for a Diagnostic Radiologist with a fellowship in Body Imaging. The department is recognized as a progressive and forward-thinking team that continues to expand with a dynamic USA Health University Hospital, USA Health Children’s & Women’s Hospital, USA Health Mitchell Cancer Institute, and USA Health Physicians Group clinics, including the new Strada Patient Care Center. The two hospitals are licensed for 600 beds combined and includes a Level I trauma center.
Candidates who have a willingness and experience in other specialty areas (i.e., Neuroradiology, Emergency Radiology, Breast Imaging, etc.) would be beneficial. Demonstrated experience performing and/or supervising adult fluoroscopy exams is also required.
Responsibilities include providing primary diagnostic and consultative service in imaging for exams performed at multiple locations, instruction of medical students and residents in diagnostic radiology, and the pursuit of academic interests and research. Scholarly work opportunities will be encouraged and supported. This position carries a faculty appointment at the University of South Alabama at the rank of Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor. The faculty position will be full time with primary effort to support clinical services and time allowed for academic, scholarly, and administrative efforts. A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package will be offered.
USA Health is renowned for its innovative work‐life programs, offering faculty progressive opportunities and an exceptional quality of life in this destination city on the Gulf Coast: Mobile, AL.
- USA Radiology: Performs cutting-edge studies in all modalities of diagnostic and interventional imaging. An extensive teleradiology network has been established. Procedures range from conventional imaging to MRI and nuclear medicine. Opportunities to advance your career through education and training.
- Live in a Destination City on the Gulf Coast! Quality of life – temperate climate, a vibrant downtown, cultural and outdoor activities with proximity to rivers and sugar-white sand beaches.
- Tremendous growth and significant investment in facilities and advanced technology.
- Academic Leadership Opportunity: Division Chief and Director position opportunities in Body Imaging.
- Education and Research: An ACGME-accredited Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program with 20 residents currently in training. A comprehensive biomedical research program spans a wide range of clinical, basic, and translational research. Graduates are exceptional radiologists and leaders in their specialty and communities.
- Clinical Trials: As the leading provider of innovative healthcare for Mobile and the Gulf Coast, USA Health offers patients new, promising experimental therapies through ongoing clinical trials.
- A vibrant coastal city, buzzing with economic growth and opportunity. Music, local dining, shopping, nightlife, Mobile is a fusion of economic development, innovation, and progressive southern charm.
- For Beach Lovers: The sprawling sandy beaches of popular resort towns like Gulf Shores and Orange Beach are only an hour away from Mobile.
- Looking for a home in Mobile? Find your perfect place here.
- City proximity to the Gulf shores and Mobile Bay are claims to fame by having the 13th busiest port in the country and America’s Amazon conveniently located in our backyard.
- The city of Mobile is the 4th Largest City in the state of Alabama.
- Year-round weather in Mobile averages 220 days of sunshine.
- Ranked 2 Most Diverse Place to Live by Niche.com.
- Voted 10 Best Place to Raise a Family.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please inquire with an updated copy of your CV and a letter of interest. All inquiries and expressions of interest must be submitted to Julie Miller: email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
Managing Partner – Academic Radiology
Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
Phone: (972) 265-5236 – Direct
Email: email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
Compensation + Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. In addition, the department supports an Educational Benefit Plan, with both funding and time allocations, and USA Health provides a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees. It includes medical, dental, life insurance, and disability insurance coverage, along with retirement plan options, flexible spending accounts, tuition scholarships, and generous provisions for family and medical leave, personal leave, and other types of paid and unpaid leave.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
USA Health is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status. USA Health is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. USA actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
USA Health has retained Kaye/Bassman to fill this position for the USA Department of Radiology.