Cardiothoracic Imaging Radiologist
Job ID: EB-1005888119
Job Title: Cardiothoracic Imaging Radiologist
Location: Madison, WI
Cardiothoracic Imaging Radiologist – Core Faculty (Open Rank)
The University of Wisconsin-Madison
Dr. Jeffrey Kanne, Chief of Thoracic Imaging at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, is actively recruiting an additional Thoracic Radiologist to support the division and its expanding department.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison and Dr. Jeffrey Kanne, just by name have outstanding reputations. Under the leadership of Dr. Kanne, the Thoracic Radiologist will have access to the latest in advanced equipment, perform cutting-edge procedures, and see very complex cases. This full-time faculty position (open rank) offers a great amount of flexibility to focus on one’s specialty area of interest.
Top reasons to apply for this position:
- Full home PACS workstations are provided for all after-hours and call duties with opportunities for remote work for some day shifts
- Fully integrated PACS, EHR, and reporting system with a suite of post-processing and artificial intelligence applications
- New state-of-the art reading room and imaging equipment
- Strong partnerships with clinical departments and UW-Madison’s world-class medical physics department
- Opportunities for collaborative research and partnerships with industry experts
- Protected teaching time daily for trainees and students on service
- 60% Interpretation and reporting of chest imaging studies including CT scans and radiographs
- 20% Teaching and supervision students, residents, and fellows
- 5% Participating in multidisciplinary activities
- 15% Scholarly activities including research or developing educational materials and developing or expanding clinical programs if desired
Quality of Life in Madison:
Located on an isthmus between two lakes, Madison is the capital city of the state of Wisconsin. Madison has been voted the #1 Best Place to Live (Livability, 2021), #1 City for Most Successful Women Per Capita (Forbes, 2019), #1 City for Best Work-Life Balance (SmartAsset, 2020), #7 Best City for STEM Professionals (CEO World, 2020), #2 Best State to Practice Medicine (WalletHub, 2020), #2 Best City for Biking (People for Bikes, 2020), #4 Fittest City in the U.S. (ACSM American Fitness Index, 2020), #4 Greenest City in the US (Zippia, 2020), #1 Best Place to Retire (Money, 2020), #1 Best Place in the U.S. for Raising Children (DiversityDataKids.com 2020), and #1 Best College Football Town in America (2022).
Madison’s technology economy is growing rapidly, and the region is home to the headquarters of Epic Systems, Exact Sciences, American Girl (Mattel), Sub-Zero, and Lands End, as well as many biotech, healthcare IT, and health systems startups.
If you desire to be associated with a radiology department — at one of the nation’s premier academic medical centers — that provides a culture that fosters stability, cohesiveness, and continuous learning and research opportunities, then you’ll benefit from all that UW-Madison has to offer, both personally and professionally.
All expressions of interest should be directed to Julie Miller at Kaye/Bassman. Feel free to call/email or look at my calendar to coordinate a time that works for you by CLICKING HERE!
email@example.com andor firstname.lastname@example.org | Direct 972.265.5236
Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
5908 Headquarters Dr. | 2nd Floor, Suite K200 | Plano, Texas 75024
Main Office 972.931.5242 | www.kbic.com
Who are we in this process?
Kaye/Bassman was founded in 1981 with a mission to positively impact companies and enhance careers by providing the best in professional, executive, technical and scientific search. We have a tenured relationship with the University of Wisconsin and have recently been retained, once again, to support them in their efforts to attract and land talented radiologists to join the faculty. Our Client Focused Search™ approach enables us to scale the size and scope of our academic medicine recruiting search efforts to the singular needs of each client. From a large, world-renowned academic medical center focusing on strategic areas to a rural hospital looking for cross-functional talent, we identify top candidates and bring the right people to the roles that will best serve our clients’ and candidates goals.