Hepatology & Liver GI Faculty
Job ID: EB-1905176918
Job Title: Hepatology & Liver GI Faculty
Location: Irvine, CA
Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology
University of California, Irvine | UCI Health
UCI Health is the only university-academic health system based in Orange County and is home to leading-edge medical facilities and renowned healthcare providers dedicated to the discovery of new medical frontiers, to the teaching of future healers, and to the delivery of the finest evidence-based care. The University of California, Irvine (UCI) School of Medicine has been ranked among the 50 best U.S. medical schools for research and is widely regarded as one of California’s leading research institutions.
The Department of Medicine at UCI School of Medicine is a dynamic, multispecialty group of visionary faculty members working at the forefront of medical discovery and education to deliver excellent and comprehensive patient care. It consists of more than 230 highly engaged full-time physicians and researchers, as well as 160 interns, residents, and fellows. The Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology is an internationally recognized center of excellence for the study and advanced treatment of digestive diseases.
The Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology is currently recruiting for a full-time, subspecialty trained Hepatologist specialized in liver disease diagnosis and advanced treatment to join the highly active Department of Medicine. The successful candidate will be a clinician with a strong commitment to clinical training, research, and educational programs. This position affords the opportunities for growth of the leading-edge programs in the division.
- Flagship UCI Health Digestive Health Institute is one of the few medical institutions in the nation—and the only one in Orange County—to provide state-of-the-art care for the full range of digestive diseases, including disorders of the esophagus, stomach, liver, pancreas, gall bladder, colon, and rectum.
- Education: A highly competitive three-year fellowship program, as well as a one-year program in advanced endoscopic ultrasound for gastrointestinal oncology are available.
- Innovation in Gastroenterology & Hepatology: Breakthrough treatments and techniques pioneered at UCI include endoscopic ultrasound-guided, fine-needle aspiration; gene therapy; radiofrequency and cyroablation for Barrett’s esophagus; interventional endoscopic ultrasound; and confocal laser-induced endomicroscopy. Board-certified physicians offer minimally invasive techniques and approaches.
- Leading the Way: Recognized as a leader in Gastroenterology and GI Surgery by U.S. News & World Report. Many of our physicians have been named Best Doctors in America® and have been honored as Physicians of Excellence by the Orange County Medical Association. UCI Health Hepatology specialists are leaders in the treatment of hepatitis.
- Integrated Endoscopy Suite: Over 5,000 diagnostic and therapeutic procedures are performed annually.
- UCI is designated by the Department of Education as a Minority-Serving Institution, both Hispanic Serving Institute (HIS) and an Asian American Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI).
- Top Cancer Center: UCI Health is Orange County’s only NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center and UC Irvine Medical Center is one of the Nation’s Best Hospitals for Cancer Treatment, ranked 46th in the most recent U.S. News & World Report rankings.
- Top Hospital: UCI Health is among America’s Best Hospitals for the 22nd consecutive year.
UCI is especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute through their research, teaching and/or service to the diversity and excellence of the academic community. Upon hire, the Hepatologist must possess:
- M.D. degree or equivalent medical degree.
- Board Certification or eligibility in Internal Medicine, and Board Certification or eligibility in Gastroenterology.
- Active and unrestricted California Medical License or eligibility for State of California Medical Licensure.
- Interest in clinical teaching.
- Research and funding, including NIH and/or other federal grants and a prior record of high impact publications is a plus, but not required.
- Appointment rank will be commensurate with academic accomplishments and experience.
Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
Phone: (972) 265-5369 – Direct